SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
metastatik
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by metastatik » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:26 am

triant wrote:i actually would prefer you link to the github page itself if possible (and in any other doc which links or credits the contributors).
Sure, I've updated the post on my forum, the included docs and source files to include the link to your github.

triant
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by triant » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:33 am

metastatik wrote:
triant wrote:i actually would prefer you link to the github page itself if possible (and in any other doc which links or credits the contributors).
Sure, I've updated the post on my forum, the included docs and source files to include the link to your github.
cool, thanks!

may we all rise with the inexorable tide of SEAPUSH and drown the earth in color and sound!

:P

#AtlantisGonnaGetcha

WISH1
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 am
Location: CALIFORNIA
Contact:

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by WISH1 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Finally got it working last week. Sorry for not updating you sooner. So awesome!!!
Thank you Triant for all your helpl!

neilmcm1975
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:12 am

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by neilmcm1975 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 pm

download this on friday and got it working no problem , thanks for this push looks so much better.

robinez
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 am
Contact:

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by robinez » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:33 pm

thanks triant!

i'm using it also, it's so much better in a dark studio instead of that bright white light.
My latest push demo on youtube: Try Out Live Set Trance Classics

amortae
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by amortae » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi
I love the seapush color scheme you came up with, looks amazing.
I would really love to use this on my push because I have the pink keys that are supposed to be white, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Maybe someone can help me. I might be missing something. Here are the steps I take when trying to install using mac os x 10.5.8 and live 9.0.5:

go to mrk github page on firefox, click "download zip" button to the right of the picture of seapush.

open finder, go to downloads folder, right click on seapush-master.zip click open with... click archive utility

a new folder is created in downloads with readme file, a png image, and SkinDefault.py

I open a new finder window and go to applications>Ableton Live, right click>show package contents

navigate to Midi remote scripts

go back to the seapush folder, highlight SkinDefualt.py and and press cmd+C

highlight the Push folder in Midi remote Scripts and press cmd+V

open Live and my Push just says the same message "Please open Live" or whatever.

I have the Push folder backed up already so I can replace it and use the default colors, which sucks because they aren't the colors they are supposed to be. Before Triant released this I was trying to customize it myself so I was making changes in TextEdit prefrences but I have tried resetting those to default already and then unzipping again to make a new file but it didn't seem to work. Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for sharing and thanks for taking the time to read this.

lyovino
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 am

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by lyovino » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:34 pm

From the download page, to the farthest right (not where the files are listed but to the right of them) The last link down "Download Link"
If you haven't tried this then give it a shot. I don't know if there is any difference but when I downloaded to my mac it automatically unzipped to new seapush folder with all three files inside.Then, do exactly what you did to install. Hope that helps..

I could be wrong but opening with... "archive utility" .. may not be the thing to do here?
iMac, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16GB
Yosemite, Live 9.xx Suite (64- bit)
Push, Apogee Ensemble

Bliany
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:07 am
Location: Bellingham,WA

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by Bliany » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:10 am

I just got my push today and installed this after about an hour of using it. It looks great. Thanks for your work.

Logic8807
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by Logic8807 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 pm

lyovino wrote:I could be wrong but opening with... "archive utility" .. may not be the thing to do here?
This is how you unzip .ZIP files on a Mac so that part is correct. The only thing I did different I think was dragging an dropping versus copying and pasting.
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.

lyovino
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 am

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by lyovino » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Logic8807 wrote:
lyovino wrote:I could be wrong but opening with... "archive utility" .. may not be the thing to do here?
This is how you unzip .ZIP files on a Mac so that part is correct. The only thing I did different I think was dragging an dropping versus copying and pasting.
Okay, I didn't know that because my downloads are automatically unzipped.
I just copied and pasted the file into the push folder and it worked.
iMac, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16GB
Yosemite, Live 9.xx Suite (64- bit)
Push, Apogee Ensemble

lyovino
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 am

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by lyovino » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:34 pm

triant, just wanted to say thanks for the seapush color scheme. I had just a couple of very faint pink pads and a very annoying greenish gray. (2)
Now everything is totally blemish free. It's great late at night in the dark studio, much easier on the eyes too .. Kudos!
iMac, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16GB
Yosemite, Live 9.xx Suite (64- bit)
Push, Apogee Ensemble

triant
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by triant » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:17 pm

first off, thanks for all the love, people. the colors on the push are really quite vibrant (esp. w the AC plugged in!) and it's nice to know that others take the kind of joy i do in the green, turquoise, purple, and magenta glow. :mrgreen:

also glad it seems to be working for most people. but if you're one of the rare remaining exceptions, read below:
amortae wrote:Hi
I love the seapush color scheme you came up with, looks amazing.
I would really love to use this on my push because I have the pink keys that are supposed to be white, but I'm having trouble getting it to work. Maybe someone can help me. I might be missing something. Here are the steps I take when trying to install using mac os x 10.5.8 and live 9.0.5:

go to mrk github page on firefox, click "download zip" button to the right of the picture of seapush.

open finder, go to downloads folder, right click on seapush-master.zip click open with... click archive utility

a new folder is created in downloads with readme file, a png image, and SkinDefault.py

I open a new finder window and go to applications>Ableton Live, right click>show package contents

navigate to Midi remote scripts

go back to the seapush folder, highlight SkinDefualt.py and and press cmd+C

highlight the Push folder in Midi remote Scripts and press cmd+V

open Live and my Push just says the same message "Please open Live" or whatever.

I have the Push folder backed up already so I can replace it and use the default colors, which sucks because they aren't the colors they are supposed to be. Before Triant released this I was trying to customize it myself so I was making changes in TextEdit prefrences but I have tried resetting those to default already and then unzipping again to make a new file but it didn't seem to work. Sorry for the wall of text. Thanks for sharing and thanks for taking the time to read this.
hey amortae, it looks to me like you're following the instructions perfectly. perhaps something else has changed about your Push MIDI Remote Scripts folder that is hard to detect? are you using any other customizations of your Push remote scripts that might be the source of the problem? (one bad script can render the Push unusable)

assuming you're not using ANY other Push script customizations besides SEAPUSH, you can try using an exact copy of my Push remote script folder: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1701576/Push.zip
just unzip the ZIP file and replace your current "MIDI Remote Scripts > Push" folder with the new Push folder from the zip. this worked for another person on github who was having the same persistent problems as you. good luck!

robinez
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 am
Contact:

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by robinez » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:37 pm

i also had some problems before it worked, but it was really simple to solve in my case:

the answer in my case was to delete the file: SkinDefault.pyc

so here's what i did:

- downloaded the Triant file: SkinDefualt.py
- copied that to the folder
- started ableton live suite 9
- then a new skindefault.pyc was created by ableton live suite 9 and it showed the new seapush colors on my push.
My latest push demo on youtube: Try Out Live Set Trance Classics

triant
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by triant » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:58 pm

ah yes, that's another potential solution. though in the github user's case i mentioned, that (for some reason) didn't work, though replacing the entire Push folder did.

amortae
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Re: SEAPUSH // seapunk color scheme for Push (v.9.0.5)

Post by amortae » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:49 pm

triant wrote:
hey amortae, it looks to me like you're following the instructions perfectly. perhaps something else has changed about your Push MIDI Remote Scripts folder that is hard to detect? are you using any other customizations of your Push remote scripts that might be the source of the problem? (one bad script can render the Push unusable)

assuming you're not using ANY other Push script customizations besides SEAPUSH, you can try using an exact copy of my Push remote script folder: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1701576/Push.zip
just unzip the ZIP file and replace your current "MIDI Remote Scripts > Push" folder with the new Push folder from the zip. this worked for another person on github who was having the same persistent problems as you. good luck!
Hey Triant Thank you so much for uploading your folder. It worked right away no problem and now my push looks awesome. You rule man. Also thanks to everyone who replied to me with suggestions.

Post Reply