Easy to miss Push features

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
tedlogan
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
Contact:

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by tedlogan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:30 pm

lyovino wrote:Image
Did not know that, very useful. Thanks!
Last edited by tedlogan on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lyovino
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 am

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by lyovino » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:22 pm

Yes it is very handy.
I made an edit to the OP:

The clip must be rolling for the Red Select Control switches to be viewed.
iMac, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16GB
Yosemite, Live 9.xx Suite (64- bit)
Push, Apogee Ensemble

bkg2018
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:06 am

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by bkg2018 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks for this list!

Airyck
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by Airyck » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:26 pm

While in clip mode, if you hold select then press a playing clip it will show the time remaining on the playing clip until you let go of select.
http://www.soundcloud.com/airyck-sterrett
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 7 & 8 /
2016 Macbook Pro 15"
Too much hardware to list

pittbrace
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:30 am
Location: Bronx, NY
Contact:

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by pittbrace » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:41 am

Thanks for this list!I don't know what Stop is either, I don't have that button.

Because789
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by Because789 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:54 am

pittbrace wrote:Thanks for this list!I don't know what Stop is either, I don't have that button.
I'm pretty sure you got it as well ;-) There is a dedicated Stop button just below the Master button, to the right of the State Control buttons. Most of the time he is no lit, but when you press/hold Shift, he gets red and you can use it to stop all clips.

Edit: updated OP with the latest tips posted since last update.
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

bkg2018
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:06 am

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by bkg2018 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:02 am

lyovino wrote:Image
Sorry if I'm late on this but I have a problem with that Stop button under Master.

On my own Push, in Session mode with clips Rolling on, the Stop button do absolutely nothing. When I press that button it doesn' lit anything in red, and the mute buttons keeps muting the track without really stopping the clip.

The Stop button itself doesn't seem to be broken, as Shift lit the stop button in red, and then Shit+Stop actually stops all clips.

If anybody has a clue...

lyovino
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 am

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by lyovino » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:56 pm

bkg2018 wrote: Sorry if I'm late on this but I have a problem with that Stop button under Master.

On my own Push, in Session mode with clips Rolling on, the Stop button do absolutely nothing. When I press that button it doesn' lit anything in red, and the mute buttons keeps muting the track without really stopping the clip.

The Stop button itself doesn't seem to be broken, as Shift lit the stop button in red, and then Shit+Stop actually stops all clips.

If anybody has a clue...
Hitting Stop alone does nothing. Hitting Shift and the Stop button turn the Switches red. Now hitting any of the red switches will turn off that clip on the downbeat.
iMac, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16GB
Yosemite, Live 9.xx Suite (64- bit)
Push, Apogee Ensemble

bkg2018
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:06 am

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by bkg2018 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:30 pm

lyovino wrote:
bkg2018 wrote: Sorry if I'm late on this but I have a problem with that Stop button under Master.

On my own Push, in Session mode with clips Rolling on, the Stop button do absolutely nothing. When I press that button it doesn' lit anything in red, and the mute buttons keeps muting the track without really stopping the clip.

The Stop button itself doesn't seem to be broken, as Shift lit the stop button in red, and then Shit+Stop actually stops all clips.

If anybody has a clue...
Hitting Stop alone does nothing. Hitting Shift and the Stop button turn the Switches red. Now hitting any of the red switches will turn off that clip on the downbeat.
Thanks for replying.

However like I said when I hit shift + Stop in Session mode, it stops all clips at once. It doesn't light clips in red or whatever on my Push pads. (BTW this is working as described in the manual.)

When I hit Shift alone in Session mode, it lights the Stop button in Red and shows 8x8 trackxclips sections in red on the pads so I can select the 8x8 section of my choice, but when I release Shift, I have my session mode back to normal and the Stop button LED is off. (Again, this is working as described in the manual.)

I don't understand how you can get the Stop button lightened in red while playgin in session mode, like it can be seen on the tutorial videos on Ableton site.

My guess is that my own Push has a software problem but I don't see anybody else having this problem in the forum.

djadonis206
Posts: 6488
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Seattle, WA.

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by djadonis206 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Are you in Device mode or Track mode? Try engaging the stop button in Track mode.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

bkg2018
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:06 am

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by bkg2018 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:29 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Are you in Device mode or Track mode? Try engaging the stop button in Track mode.
Yes, that's exactly what Ableton Support told me to check and it solves the problem.

Thanks!

irrelevance
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by irrelevance » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:26 pm

bump

Sternenlicht
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:07 am
Contact:

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by Sternenlicht » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Especially the delete device functon has to be in the manual, also the manual needs a quick reference sheet like this one, to print!
https://soundcloud.com/sternenlicht/rohkostler

Live 9.5 / Push / Omnisphere / Elektron Analog 4 / Analog RYTM /Octatrack

Because789
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by Because789 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Made some adjustments regarding Live 9.1 in the OP and added:

- hold Delete + press a drum rack pad or a note in instrument mode to delete all the notes with that pitch from the clip (not in Melodic Step Sequencer mode)

Please keep on posting your findings...
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

Airyck
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Easy to miss Push features

Post by Airyck » Sat May 10, 2014 4:20 am

Bump, this was/is some useful info
http://www.soundcloud.com/airyck-sterrett
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 7 & 8 /
2016 Macbook Pro 15"
Too much hardware to list

Post Reply