drum pad selection wierdness

Discuss Push with other users.
Bin ray

drum pad selection wierdness

Post by Bin ray » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:40 pm

When you have "auto select" activated on a drum rack, hitting a pad displays the pad chain and the Push shows notes on that pad. Nice, except there is a bit of an annoying lag before the pad goes blue and the notes appear.

If i midi map a midi keyboard to select a drum pad, The pad gets selected with far less latency, I can flick between pads easily with no confusion as to which i'm looking at.

Why this difference? It seems like Push + Ableton is capable of (near)instantly updating the Push , but something about the "auto select" mode introduces an ugly latency?

manutech

Re: drum pad selection wierdness

Post by manutech » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:23 pm

This is one of the biggest problem for me using push, definitely annoying.

Hope ableton can fix it soon.

metastatik

Re: drum pad selection wierdness

Post by metastatik » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:43 pm

This doesn't just apply to Push, it applies to Auto Select in general. For example, try turning on the Computer MIDI Keyboard switch and triggering the Drum Rack with your keyboard and you'll see the same thing.

If you want to select a pad to edit from Push without latency, hold down Select and press a pad. Unlike the Auto Select mechanism, this will simply select a pad (and is comparable to using MIDI mapping to select a pad) instead of triggering and selecting a pad.