Live performance with PUSH

Discuss Push with other users.
Jeffromusic

Live performance with PUSH

Post by Jeffromusic » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Has anybody come up with a good way to use Push as a life performance controller? I would make one if I knew how to program... Would it be able to be programmed through M4L or would it have to be done through Python?

yur2die4

Re: Live performance with PUSH

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Make one what?

A push? Or a performance script?

Any 'instrument' can be used for 'live performance'.

You either find ways to use what it offers.
Or find ways to make it offer new ways.

This applies to everything. From drum sticks to guitars to pianos to a fader, a button, a computer, a tuba, a whoopee cushion, your dog, or even Push.

Jeffromusic

Post by Jeffromusic » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:08 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Make one what?

A push? Or a performance script?

Any 'instrument' can be used for 'live performance'.

You either find ways to use what it offers.
Or find ways to make it offer new ways.

This applies to everything. From drum sticks to guitars to pianos to a fader, a button, a computer, a tuba, a whoopee cushion, your dog, or even Push.
As in using it to play live.. Right now it's made for composing in the studio but with the screen and all of the buttons and knobs, it could be turned into something better than the APC40

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:33 pm

Well the thing is. When you say 'perform live', there is a plethora of definitions to that phrase.

For many, what it already offers would be more than suitable.

For other applications, it might never be genuinely capable for live performance.

So I guess a good start would be defining what types of actions you want to perform in a live setting. Note playing? Percussion? Clip launching? Fading? Fx?? Vocals? Guitar looping?

lodott0

Post by lodott0 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:25 pm

I perform live with push all the time, in many different ways. I play it as a typical instrument in one band, use it as a loop station for beatboxing and ableton synths in another, etc. However i do use an apc40 too in some situations, might come in handy for launching clips or using the sends while in the middle of playing. It works well in most cases, and you can do a lot without max for live, by experimenting with midi mapping etc. Good luck :)

http://www.youtube.com/lodott0