Anybody know how to clean the pads on PUSH?

Discuss Push with other users.
Domokun

Anybody know how to clean the pads on PUSH?

Post by Domokun » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:40 pm

After much use they're yellowing a bit and would like to clean them up so they're looking nice and new again. Anybody have a suggestion on what will work to clean the pads without damaging them? Thanks in advance!

jestermgee

Re: Anybody know how to clean the pads on PUSH?

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:05 pm

A cloth. Maybe a mild soap but use sparingly as you don't want it running in between the pads and the case.

Nortniluhreg

Post by Nortniluhreg » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:44 pm

I clean mine with scotch tape. I use the sticky side to pick off all the dry particles of crud and hair that has built up. I also stick the tape into the space between the pads to get that crud out too.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm

I just spray a little Windex on a cloth and wipe them gently. I actually use Windex to clean all my gear. I used to work at a music equipment repair shop (MARS amp repair). We would use Windex for everything when it came to cleaning; painted surfaces, drum pads, LCD's, Keyboard keys, even used it on gear like a Yamaha CS80 we were restoring. The trick is just to spray some on a cloth so it doesn't get down inside of the gear too much.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:29 pm

clean?

i prefer the vintage look

panten

Post by panten » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:37 am

Yellowing? your fingers must be pretty dirty. I pound on mine every night and they're still pristine white. :p

xibalba

Post by xibalba » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:23 pm

maybe make a conscious effort to wash your hands before getting into the studio. i cringe everytime I watch a video like El-P in the studio smoking a cig before messing with that gear. I can only imagine what that is doing to his 808.

For cleaning I would go with what jestermgee said - lightly damp cloth and some mild soap, maybe mix a little soap and water in a cup and just dab a cloth into it while rubbing down the pads.
all music preformed/created under AstroStasis
www.soundcloud.com/Astro-Stasis

cementdrums

Post by cementdrums » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Has anyone tried Armor All?

It works great for car interiors which are essentially the same materials that Push is made from.

I haven't tried it yet, was wanting to see if anyone else out there has used it. It seems like it would be nice. It sure makes the interior of a car feel nice to the touch and also keeps dust from clinging to the surface it's applied to.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Also I'm not sure if sunlight can contribute to yellowing?

But yeah. I don't blame you for needing to clean it once in a while. The Push experience can become quite climactic at times.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:35 am

cementdrums wrote:Has anyone tried Armor All?
if used, DO NOT spray it directly onto the pads. use a lint-free cloth

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:03 am

i use baby wipes, Windex, or alcohol on good paper towel or cloth for just about anything electronic with knobs, faders, keys, buttons... i think the TLC comes into play more with any painted spots on your kit, but any of the aforementioned do nicely on those bits too.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:55 pm

THC is killer for the rubber :lol:

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 am

H20nly wrote:i use baby wipes
These are brilliant for keeping gear and studio clean. With little kids kicking around we always have them but I'm thinking I might keep a pack just for cleaning. These are NOT brilliant for cleaning video monitors.

nightscope

Post by nightscope » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:42 am

I tend to get a bit Howard Hughes with the wipes which I'll use on hard plastic and any painted steel within range. I don't use the vipes on the Push, only a damp micofibered cloth. All control surfaces, etc, are covered up after use to avoid the dreaded dust. I shall be moving into the top floor suite of The Desert Inn ASAP.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:00 am

I realize this is an old thread but you really should never use windex/similar on rubber like that. I have an alpha track where the rubber is sticky from using windex.