[RELEASE] Omnisphere 2 Browser for Push & Komplete Kontrol

Discuss Push with other users.
jestermgee

[RELEASE] Omnisphere 2 Browser for Push & Komplete Kontrol

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:04 am

Omnisphere 2 VST Push Presets

Here is the release of the Omnisphere 2 update for Push Browser.

This preset pack contains the presets for Omnisphere 2 only and can be downloaded and used to browse the newest presets in Omni2.

Compatibility

- Works in Live 9 Standard+ (Tested in 9.5)
- Supports VST Only (no AU Support)
- Works on PC/MAC
- Supports 32/64 Bit
- Supports Push MK1 + MK2
- Works in Omnisphere 2 Only

All features of the Omnisphere 1 presets are available, same mappings just updated instrument racks.

Please Note: the new instrument racks contain both the EQ8 and Glue Compressor so these need to be part of your Live installation for the presets to work (Live Intro does not contain these)

Updated Rack
Each preset has a slightly updated instrument rack

There is now a Glue Compressor at the end (in an OFF state but ready if needed) and the Macro knobs control basic EQ filter and Compressor. The VST Instrument has the same mapped controls ready for action.
A ReadMe file is included for more instruction. If you have the original preset pack you will know how it goes.

Download
Omnisphere 1 is completely free to all users with a hope that users who find the pack useful will donate.

To download Omnisphere 2 presets:

Info Page

Omnisphere 1 VST Push Presets

Well, here it is. The complete Omnisphere Patch Browser for Push.

I would recommend for new users to maybe download the single template file to check it out and then tackle the whole pack when you are sure it is for you.

What Is This?
Push is fantastic but lacks the ability to browse presets in a VST instrument. The only way to even load a VST into Ableton via Push is to "wrap" the VST in an Instrument Rack which can then be placed in the User library and loaded from Push. This is a fine solution that will allow you to load the VST but then you still have to use mouse/keyboard/ipad app to browse presets.

So, as many users have started to discover, if Push can load a VST in an Instrument rack then it is conceivable that if you created a rack for EVERY preset then you could basically browse the presets from Push.

How Does This Work?
Rather simply in terms of installation and usage. Basically Instrument racks can be created for each preset and stored in a folder scheme. When you go to Push you can browse through the folder scheme in the same way you can in your explorer. Find an instrument and load it. You can then add more, swap out with another and it is very quick. Installation is as simple as copying the folder full of instrument presets to your Live user folder.

What about Controlling the VST?
Got that pretty much covered. Before starting the wrapping process I first configured a "default" rack for Omnisphere which contains about 80 MIDI mapped parameters for channel 1 (layers A/B) in Omnisphere. Push can directly access these parameters in banks of 8 so you have complete access to all these. They are all arranged and grouped logically and you will have access to controls in BOTH the A/B layer such as:

- Cutoff \ Res \ Keytrack
- Amp ADSR
- Filter ADSR
- Orb Controls
- Layer Vol \ Pan
- Waveshaper \ Bitcrusher
- Glide and Solo controls
- Mute layer
- Many more useful controls

It is not possible to map every control (such as FX) as all controls will need to be mappable in EVERY preset but I think it is very comprehensive.

The MACRO knobs in the rack are blank. This is for 2 reasons. The macro knobs do not update their value when switching presets so this is a real issue when creating racks. Secondly, you have access to the full mappings which is more useful than macros. The macros can be used for your own custom groupings.

How Did You Do This And What's Involved?
I use Live 9 and Windows 7 64bit. The preset files should work over MAC/PC if you know what you are doing. I own a LEGAL copy of Omnisphere and am using the 64bit version which is updated to the latest. Again, this should work just fine with the 32bit

The process is is not overly complicated for someone with some basic scripting knowledge. There are some great examples of what to do. For this project it was very time consuming due to the huge amount of presets to go through and the fact that manual intervention was needed for each four group. Apart from that though, the whole process was automatic.

I used a program for Windows called AutoITv3 which can basically be programmed to operate keyboard/mouse strokes but in a very powerful way. My script ties in direct with the Live main window and the VST plugin window and will step through each preset in Omnisphere 1 at a time, copy the preset name and then save the instrument rack with the VST name. It will run through a single Omnisphere category at a time and stop when it reaches the end. The folder structure is created and the presets are saved in the location and a nice addition is a TXT file is also created that lists all presets in that folder for additional reference.

Here are some stats on what was involved:

- Programming script was revised 8 times during the process to make it efficient and reliable
- Each preset took 5.8 seconds to be converted to an Instrument rack
- The whole process was redone 3 times due to missing parameters found in the Omnisphere default template (Grrrrr)
- About 90 solid script hours were needed to rip all the presets in categories.
- There are roughly 14,000 preset files (of which about 8000 are unique presets
- Each preset file is about 64KB
- There is about 1GB of preset files 8O
- Omnisphere is a MASSIVE beast and the stats listed are ONLY for patches (Multis and layers will come at some stage maybe...)

Sounds Full On and I am Interested... How Much Sir?
Some users are offering VST wrapped presets as a business model rather than through desire. I had a drive to want to browse VST presets from Push so I am offering these FREE for any users and just asking for a donation if you feel it helps you.

Can I get the preset files changed or make a suggestion?
All suggestions welcome but here is the short of it.

To make a change to the way the presets have been constructed means re-ripping ALL presets. That is a Massive task that I simply wont do. If you are very serious about needing it done then I could offer to do it for a fee but for the effort it takes to set my PC running for days making presets it's really not worth my time for a few $$$. Presets were created for My use and offered for donations. If you don't pay, you don't have any say.

I am more willing to help other users do it for themselves as this will benefit the community more greatly than shelling out $$$ for each preset pack. Just express interest in doing it yourself and I will send you the script.

If you would like to buy me a license for any other VST I will create preset files in return but unless I purchase it, I wont be making presets. Any preset packs I DO make will always be Free to download.

If you would like to contribute and learn the scripting (Windows only... MAC have to find their own solution) then I can upload my script and open a support thread to help people put together their own script. Like I said, it ain't that hard but does occupy your computer for a while.

Downloads

Info Page

**Download is free and no registration needed.

Donations
You are under no obligation to pay for these patches but donations are greatly appreciated and will assist in me getting more plugins I can wrap.

Disclamer
This package is provided "As Is". There may be some small mistakes with some patches not being the correct ones or the odd spelling mistake and if you find these I will try and fix.

A lot of time and effort went into this so please do not re-post this on another site but rather link back to this thread.

Have fun!
Last edited by jestermgee on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:49 am, edited 23 times in total.

jestermgee

Re: [PRE-RELEASE] Omnisphere VST Presets for Push

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:04 am

Also Available...

Ableton Push Browser Packs

Komplete Kontrol Browser Packs

For owners of the Komplete Kontrol keyboard we have just released a preset browsing pack which adds full tagged browsing capabilities for all factory Omnisphere presets direct from the Komplete software (and Kontrol keyboard, possibly also Maschine).

There is a Free version (without advanced tagging) and the donors version which has all the sub-level tagging from Omnisphere.

This is a huge 1GB pack of presets which adds the desired preset browsing capabilities for Omnisphere to Komplete. Trilian will also be released soon too.

Questions & Discussions at the Native Instruments Forum
Last edited by jestermgee on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gyu гы

Post by Gyu гы » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:29 am

Works here on macbook pro with Mountain Lion.
Looking forward to the release!
Thanks
:)

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Works great here too, thanks for all your time!
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Oops, forgot to add the default EQ8 in each rack has a slight boost on the first band, it's not totally flat.
Tarekith

plopseaw

Post by plopseaw » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Works great here too. Mapping looks great for me as well. Thanks also for the time and thought, definitely going to donate something. Cant wait for the rest of the library!

P.S. Boost on EQ8 is very small ;)

Liam

Post by Liam » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Many thanks, I'm sure your work will prove invaluable for Omnisphere user with Push.

Great effort on your part.

A donation has been made.

Liam

Post by Liam » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:04 pm

After installing I was asked to register Omnisphere. I clicked on the Omnisphere folder created in the Live browser. I do no want to risk having to re-install Omnisphere again if something goes wrong so....

What's the process to see the full browser folders for the presets?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Tarekith wrote:Oops, forgot to add the default EQ8 in each rack has a slight boost on the first band, it's not totally flat.
Damn... I am sure that is acceptable. Certainly doesn't warrant redoing the lot.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Liam wrote:After installing I was asked to register Omnisphere. I clicked on the Omnisphere folder created in the Live browser. I do no want to risk having to re-install Omnisphere again if something goes wrong so....

What's the process to see the full browser folders for the presets?
That shouldn't happen. The file is just an instrument rack with a preset loaded. If you have a proper registered version of Omnisphere it should just open.

The install process will be as follows:

- download package when it is complete
- unzip to User library to a folder of your choosing
- use it in Live

Keep in mind I have not yet released the complete folder browser... Only the default template file at the moment. I have about 5000 patches to go before it is complete.
Last edited by jestermgee on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:18 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Tarekith wrote:Oops, forgot to add the default EQ8 in each rack has a slight boost on the first band, it's not totally flat.
Damn... I am sure that is acceptable. Certainly doesn't warrant redoing the lot.
It's no big deal, I was just letting you know.
Tarekith

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Tarekith wrote:
It's no big deal, I was just letting you know.
All good my man. I'm more concerned I have missed a very important control (which I discovered 2 times doing the ripping) or something but there are just so many controls to go through and when you really start drilling into the beast there are hundreds of controls for modulation etc that I couldn't map because they change every preset.

The next step after doing the Patches will be to tackle the Multis but that poses a challenge. There are 8 channels each with 2 layers which would result in 16 copies of every control. I would love someone to figure out a template with the most important controls that would suit every Multi. Wouldn't be as full featured as patches but there is also not as many muftis.

Then there are the individual layer files... There are loads of these and I am debating if this would be a needed thing. It would allow more focused controls since it is just a layer but would yield thousands more files I am not sure its required to go that far.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 pm

I don't think you need to do layers or multis, just the patches alone would make most people happy I bet.
Tarekith

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:54 pm

Yeah layers I'm on the fence but multis would be nice.

I would love to be able to create multis with multiple tracks for each output all bundled as a "rack" the only way you can do this tho is to create a clip save and they are not browsable via push for some reason. If they could be I would.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Haven't downloaded yet but will when you post the completed version. Thank you very much for all your efforts and will submit a donation. Is it possible for the user to create a favorites folder?
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2