[RELEASE] Omnisphere 2 Browser for Push & Komplete Kontrol

Discuss Push with other users.
Tagor

Re: [RELEASE] Omnisphere VST Presets for Push

Post by Tagor » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 pm

I pointed the Spectrasonics Support in my last Mail on this Problem,
but if they really would do an update to solve this, we will see.

the problem of trilian and omnisphere in ableton live is simple:
you cannot assign the 1-8 slots by midi / host-automation.
You can access this via stack or Live mod in a kind of way,
but its not the direct way it could be.

normally in a multi you have 8 midi tracks in live fire the data into
the plugIn. but if you click on this midi-clip or the track, live
is not able to point you to the right slot in the multi.
the problem is here on spectrasonics side.

rbro

Post by rbro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Is it possible to browse and load both Omnisphere and Komplete 9 presets with Push using both your solution and another 3rd party solution?

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:16 pm

rbro wrote:Is it possible to browse and load both Omnisphere and Komplete 9 presets with Push using both your solution and another 3rd party solution?
My solution will allow all Omnisphere presets to be browsable on Push and on the Touchable ipad app. Only allows for the factory ones and will look at expanding if I invest in the moog presets maybe next year.

Quaglay has a preset pack called "audio modder" which is for the K9 devices. You can purchase that pack from his site. Mine is free but donations are welcome.

rbro

Post by rbro » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:00 pm

jestermgee wrote:
rbro wrote:Is it possible to browse and load both Omnisphere and Komplete 9 presets with Push using both your solution and another 3rd party solution?
My solution will allow all Omnisphere presets to be browsable on Push and on the Touchable ipad app. Only allows for the factory ones and will look at expanding if I invest in the moog presets maybe next year.

Quaglay has a preset pack called "audio modder" which is for the K9 devices. You can purchase that pack from his site. Mine is free but donations are welcome.
Can I run both at the same time? I'm not sure how it all works, so I apologize if that's a stupid question.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:12 pm

It all works together just fine.

Basically if you think of it as a heap of saved preset files for ableton for the VSTs. As long as you have the vst in question, the preset files work.

When you install/copy the files to your computer you will need to let Ableton index the files which can take 10-20 minutes. The push browser will be slow in this time so if you notice it takes any longer than 5 seconds to navigate into any folder then leave live to index for a while.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:26 am

Thanks so far to the donations I have received. Keep it up :)

I am in the process of sorting out the purchase of Trilian!!!

I have been in the market for this VST for some time and I should be able to run through the same script easily enough though I am sure it will be another 2 weeks of work to rip the presets again. You should see a preset pack for Trilian in a month or so because it's a must-have for push owners.

I will host the files on my new site and if I keep receiving a few donations then I will also make Trilian a donation download to keep it freely accessible for all.

Sense-i

Post by Sense-i » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:16 pm

jestermgee,
Not only is this set of adg presets awesome because it allows browsing Omnisphere patches with Push,
the extremely important thing that you accomplished with this add-on, is you made Omnisphere's automation parameters midi mapped in Live in a friendly fashion for which I thank you immensely.

Considering the limitations of the macro control mappings that you mentioned, in particular the fact that macro controls do not update their value when switching presets, did you consider implementing workarounds for that? It would be totally rad if one could tinker with a combination of 8 effective macro knobs for each particular Spectrasonics patch before getting into the fine tuning in a manner similar to Puremagnetik's patches.
(When you switch through Puremagnetik's patches, the macro parameters don't reset btw).

Please consider scripting a set of instrument rack patches for all of Arturia's instruments in the V-Collection ( http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... ollection/ ) and the Analog Lab preferably with macro controls enabled.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:12 pm

As nice as it would be to have a dedicated set of macros for a patch that would be impossible to script. Every individual patch would have a different set of controls, some requiring access to the effects racks. There is no automatic way to do this so I would have to do it 1 at a time and my days are simply not that long. That is why I created as comprehensive set of mappings for tweaking and you can map the spcifics of what you want to the macros when you find a patch.... Keeps to the pholosophy that there is still some work to put into creating music.

In regards to the Arturia plugins, they are not ones I own. If you want to donate me $400 so I can purchase a copy I will be more than happy to create the entire preset pack for you :)

I am currently doing synlenth, z3ta2,bazzoid, trilian.... Trilian is a tricky beast because each preset has a different set of main controls similar to what you are asking for in Omnisphere. I am trying to find a way to create patches in the most logical way.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Question to Trilian owners:

I have just received a copy of trilian and have only had 10 minutes playtime with it over my busy weekend. Initially it appears to be the same beast as Omnisphere but there is one main difference I can see. Each bass instrument (or type) has a different "main" panel.

On the surface this appears great as you have a collection of specific controls to tweak a bass type but of course for a script it is impossible to create individual mappings per patch.

So question is how do you (if at all) map controls to Ableton. I haven't gone in-depth with patches yet but I assume that some of the main controls access some effects chains in some presets which makes things even more complex.

I can wrap patches as I did with Omnisphere and leave macros open for the main screen but I have a feeling that ideally it would be best to have direct access to the main controls for tweaking. This may all delay the release of this one until I have time to spend and work out how it really works.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Trilian allows to design individual controlsurface, but i don`t know if there is a way to autopopulate them in the right way. Me for myself choosing the way i interfer direct.
I prefer to assign direct via host-automation. Assigning first internal of Trilian and then via host-automation seems to be one way to much - so i think sometimes with the apc40 it seem to loose the internal mappings, maybe that have benn changed with L9 but in L8 i go the problem and so i decided to assign direct in the plugin, without the internal routing -id`s.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:56 am

I haven't had issues mapping host automated parameters and keeping their assignments. I much prefer that than hard mapping MIDI direct to the plugin as I have a habbit of making changes to CCs etc from month to month.

With Omnisphere I had 2 years with the thing to know how I wanted to control it but Trilian is just a touch different so I will have to really sit down and play and figure out how I want to do it. Might have to wait until the new year because I don't see any time on the horizon at the moment and haven't touched Trilian since I got it.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Ok, so I st down and figured out just how the macro window in Trilian works. This will be simple.

Basically the macro window has 12 controls that are set to the 12 most applicable controls for a certain instrument (like how Ableton uses its macro controls). The actual macro controls can be learned into Ableton and will stay as they are when switching presets... The name will change for the control but it will remain mapped the same.

What I have found is that when switching presets in Trilian the name is not updated on push automatically when it changes in trilian. This is fixed though if you navigate away from that bank or to another track and back again so not a big deal (should be fine when navigating patches from Push).

The only other thing is that for example if one macro is mapped to a cutoff and then you map the cutoff itself into ableton you can control the same thing with 2 controls but only 1 will update (the one in use). This isn't a huge issue as if the control is in the macros, you don't need access to it in the mappings.

So should be an easy(ish) process to wrap to ableton. Thank god there are not as many patches to go through.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Thx again for your work on that - already met in an other german forum people use and support you. If you ever get the MOOG library for Omnisphere, do your magic there too.

fargo100

Post by fargo100 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:56 am

jestermgee wrote:
In regards to the Arturia plugins, they are not ones I own. If you want to donate me $400 so I can purchase a copy I will be more than happy to create the entire preset pack for you :)

Not a sales pitch but currently even cheaper here at the moment, mine worked out to £99..

http://audiodeluxe.com/products/arturia-v-collection-3

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Tagor wrote: normally in a multi you have 8 midi tracks in live fire the data into
the plugIn. but if you click on this midi-clip or the track, live
is not able to point you to the right slot in the multi.
the problem is here on spectrasonics side.
For this exact reason is why I use multiple instances of Omni, then each track reveals the Omni interface. I really see no difference in CPU usage either.
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2