[RELEASE] Omnisphere 2 Browser for Push & Komplete Kontrol

Discuss Push with other users.
jestermgee

Re: [PRE-RELEASE] Omnisphere VST Presets for Push

Post by jestermgee » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:47 pm

lyovino wrote:Haven't downloaded yet but will when you post the completed version. Thank you very much for all your efforts and will submit a donation. Is it possible for the user to create a favorites folder?
Should be no issue. Just create a folder and save/ copy any favourite presets.

Same goes for user created patches. You just have to load up a configured patch, then change it to a user created one and save the instrument rack to a folder of your choice.

Not long to wait. Just need to export a few more categories and finish checking for issues but all looking good so far.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:58 am

Thanks for confirming. Is it possible to load more than one patch per instance? Because if so I don't think there is a need for a multi browser, you can load what ever patch/patches and then simply save, creating user multi folders within..
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,) Catalina
3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GB
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:24 am

It won't be possible to use the current presets to create multis in the same instance. This is for a single patch only. You can, however, load in what you like, create multis on the PC and save as a rack. This is why I want to look into Multi browsing too.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:34 am

That's pretty much what I thought and for me personally I wouldn't mind doing it on PC.
But I can understand your want for the multis. It's just a shame having to save patches that are also stored in Omnisphere.. Wasting disk space.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

angehrn.fabio@schulen.li

Post by angehrn.fabio@schulen.li » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:40 am

thanks for your effort, jestermgee, works great here (10.8.5 osx).
looking forward to the release!
do the groove

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:04 am

lyovino wrote:That's pretty much what I thought and for me personally I wouldn't mind doing it on PC.
But I can understand your want for the multis. It's just a shame having to save patches that are also stored in Omnisphere.. Wasting disk space.
Can totally agree there.

The way it is though, there just is no way of browsing VST presets at all from Ableton. The best you can do is (if possible with the VST) map a MIDI control to the "Next Preset" feature of the VST.

As with these things though, there are often workarounds and this is not the most ideal solution but is a working solution that helps to add a LOT of on-the-fly fun. That is worth the time and disk space.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:17 am

I agree. For now it's the only way around browsing presets. Ableton should and could do something about it but probably won't, at least not now? This has been mentioned quite a bit. Thanks again.
Apollo/x6, PUSH 2

jestermgee

Re: [RELEASE] Omnisphere VST Presets for Push

Post by jestermgee » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 am

RELEASED :D

As you will see when you download it, there is a MASSIVE amount of work gone into the presets and it all seems to work very well. It's a lot of fun.

Just a few notes on the installation.

The instruction PDF should offer all that is needed to know. Installation is as simple as copying the folder to your desired User location or creating a new "place" in Ableton for this directory. Once added to Ableton it could take up to 10 minutes for it to be indexed for use on Push.

There is a slight issue with Push that can affect the display naming of some files and folders due to the way they try and "abbreviate" some of the results. It appears the method they use abbreviates some files and folders that do not need it and removes some words (Synth and Bass seem to be common ones to be removed). Ableton are working on improving this area of Push and it is more of an annoyance than anything else.

At the time of posting this the file is still uploading to my dropbox so if you get the "file not found" message try again later.

Have fun and Donate if you can.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks so much man, will definitely use these and donate later today!
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

joefrost01

Post by joefrost01 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Looks like Dropbox has locked the account due to heavy traffic - does anyone have any ideas for alternative hosting?

Liam

Re: [RELEASE] Omnisphere VST Presets for Push - problem solved

Post by Liam » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Its been well over 10 minutes after Live Managed the Omnisphere User Library files and nothing appears on Push yet.

Any ideas?

OK, got them.

queglay

Post by queglay » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Try closing and reopening live. If it's in places you should be fine.
Load VST Presets from Push's Browser!
http://www.audiomodder.com

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:57 pm

Yep... Seems to be an issue. Dropbox has been hammered with downloads and has uspended that account which I thought May be the case.

Anyone have any ideas where I can upload a 1 GB file or anyone have space they would like to offer? I currently don't have a website and I cannot pay to host this file so unless I can find somewhere to put it I cannot publish it.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:18 am

I am uploading the pack to mega.co.nz which should allow me a free 5GB without loosing the file. The limits are only a certain number of simultaneous downloads and possibly average download speeds which I am sure will be fine.

I didn't quite expect so many would be downloading this straight away (but should have guessed). Luckily I used a separate dropbox account from my personal one.

Sorry for all those hanging to get this.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:49 am

Download now has a new home. Hopefully it lasts a little longer.