Melodic step sequencer follow playback

Discuss Push with other users.
chimeres

Melodic step sequencer follow playback

Post by chimeres » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:47 am

Hello mates,
I've search for answer about desactivate follow playback in melody step sequencer of the beta version and I found nothing,
Have you got some magic shift someting or actions to desactivate it , would be great ! I think some Max for live devices make a better job against melody sequencing...

tedlogan

Re: Melodic step sequencer follow playback

Post by tedlogan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Holding SHIFT (or is it SELECT..at work, so can't check - but one of these 2 buttons), and then pressing the cell (in the top row) you want to focus on will stop the display moving along with the playhead to the next cell and so on. To have it follow the playhead again, hold SHIFT (SELECT?) and select the range you want the to follow.

Because789

Post by Because789 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm

tedlogan wrote:Holding SHIFT (or is it SELECT..at work, so can't check - but one of these 2 buttons), and then pressing the cell (in the top row) you want to focus on will stop the display moving along with the playhead to the next cell and so on. To have it follow the playhead again, hold SHIFT (SELECT?) and select the range you want the to follow.
There's no need for a modifier button, just press the segment you want to edit (it will turn bright yellow). Same for activating playhead following, no modifier needed, just select the range.
Live 9.5 (64bit), Max 7.0.6, Windows 10, Push 2, Korg electribe2, Bass Station II, Launch Control XL, Faderfox DJ3

M4L

chimeres

Post by chimeres » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Yes thanx for the answer , prety easy to figure in fact but not mentioned into manual!