Discuss Push with other users.
ansolas

Re: Offbeat 1/4 note Repeat ?

Post by ansolas » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:24 pm

Thank you very much !

mr.ergonomics

Post by mr.ergonomics » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Some years later... but I still wish for a better solution. It's so nice to control the velocity by pressure, I get more controlled flowing results by this for hi hats, but this doesn't work with lifting the finger. A way to reduce the quantisation regardless of the chosen note repeat value (1/4, 1/8...) would be a idea.

Any other ideas?

mxcreep

Post by mxcreep » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 pm

If it's not live, just record it on the onbeat, select the whole damn midi sequence and move it...
For live usage, isn't there any midi device that adds a configurable delay ? Should be possible to create with M4L.

mr.ergonomic

Post by mr.ergonomic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:31 am

Actually my idea would be more a midi filter/gate that is only open on the 1/4 off beat and use 8th note repeat on push. With a delay you lose the feel with pressure vs.velocity, at least I don't like this feeeling. Same with just recording on the onbeat and move it later. Doesn't work well because you don't hear it in context. It's not about just getting these notes recorded, it's about the subtile velocity modulation that you get this way. I usually get a better feeling when doing it in realtime compared to editing.