Happy Push owners sound off.

Discuss Push with other users.

Do you use Push "as-built" by Abelton?

Yes, Push allows me to do everything I need & more.
54%
No, but I found a script that added the functionality I needed.
46%

Total votes: 24

TomViolenz

Re: Happy Push owners sound off.

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:28 am

As i got Live 9 i switched to a Mac, got Push and decided to only use Abletons Native Instruments and FX.
lol, intentional?! :mrgreen:

Btw, if you use Lives devices a lot, do yourself the favor and tinker one last time to install the community mapping. It's night and day between this and the default mapping you are using now!

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:26 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
As i got Live 9 i switched to a Mac, got Push and decided to only use Abletons Native Instruments and FX.

Btw, if you use Lives devices a lot, do yourself the favor and tinker one last time to install the community mapping. It's night and day between this and the default mapping you are using now!

Where can I get this community mapping?
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:44 pm

Here you go viewtopic.php?f=55&t=198946&p=1562395#p1562395

If you use Live's devices often on Push, this one is essential. 99% of parameters are logically mapped out across unlimited named banks, all accessible via Push. Operator is especially fun to use with this.

I still can't fathom why Ableton's default mappings are half-done.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 am

v00d00ppl wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:

Where can I get this community mapping?
Use the link in teds post above.

This is why I'm not excited about the great "scripting" capabilities!
Even people who are regulars on the forum (what tiny percentage of Push users would that be?!) don't know about the fruits of it. What's the point, if only 0.0001% of Push users even know they and their results exists?!

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:14 pm

panten wrote:
Tarekith wrote:
jestermgee wrote:PXT and other solutions are for when I just want to waste time tinkering.
+1
-1 I'm afraid. PXT-Live has become just as useful a tool for coming up with the sound I'm after as the default Push.
tinkering? at the very least, having modwheel mapped to touch strip is essential for me. PXT gives me that

+1 for PXT