Footswich usable on port 2 thread

Discuss Push with other users.
interceptor

Re: Footswich usable on port 2 thread

Post by interceptor » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Im also experiencing quite a lot latency here. Seems to be even more latency when pressing the second time to finish recording. This is not because of launch quantization. You can check this by watching the record light.

rbmonosylabik

Post by rbmonosylabik » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:59 pm

I'm experiencing a ton of latency too. It's bad when ending a clip recording, as pressing the footswitch even 1/8 before the intended length won't fire in time, making the clip length extend for a bar longer. Having the double tap for New function is nice, but not that great at the cost of accurate timing.

MBP 2.3 GHz i5, Live 9.6.1, Push, MPD32, Rane SL2

filter_7

Post by filter_7 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 am

rbmonosylabik wrote:I'm experiencing a ton of latency too. It's bad when ending a clip recording, as pressing the footswitch even 1/8 before the intended length won't fire in time, making the clip length extend for a bar longer. Having the double tap for New function is nice, but not that great at the cost of accurate timing.
Yeah, same here. Sometimes if I press very soon the recording it's ok, otherwise I have to adjust the clip lenght.

After 1 year would be nice to see this fixed in the next Live update!

mossby

Post by mossby » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:32 pm

filter_7 wrote:After 1 year would be nice to see this fixed in the next Live update!
Yes, please.

Lemmike

Post by Lemmike » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Yes, I've got the same annoying delay here. I'm pretty sure this has to do with double-tap feature to trigger new button. The only way they can be sure a user is not double tapping, is by waiting a bit until after the pedal is tapped once before triggering the record command, causing recording/end recording to be delayed. When pressing the record button on the push the timing is fine, the same as pressing the enter button on a clip slot.

I think they should just remove this double-tap feature, it's more important to get the timing correct with the pedal. I personally don't mind having to push the new button on the push with my hands, as long as record on/off can be done properly hands free.

TacklingDummy

Post by TacklingDummy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:52 pm

I have both Push and a FCB-1010 w/ gordius board installed. Is it possible to map the Double-Tapped action of Pedal #2 to my board footswitches? Just the mapping it to NEW doesn't do the copy/paste/play of the other clips.

deadwing2

Post by deadwing2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:45 pm

I was really shocked to discover this basic flaw of the pedal 2 recording behaviour and the delay in stopping it due to double press logic!

I wrote to support@ and they should definitely change the logics using a HOLD logic instead of DOUBLE PRESS, that would make it much easier and cleaner.

Anyway I found a very simple solution: the remote midi scripts of Push 2 in Ableton are simple Python scripts, and you can use them to personalise all sorts of things..from colours to pedal behaviour!

1) Google about Push 2 remote scripts and read about it to get familiar with the thing, get the Ableton 10 remote scripts python source code from Github, or download any Python decompiler from the internet
2) in the scripts folder _Framework, the file Defaults.pyc must be modified. So either decompile it and rename the resulting file to Defaults.py or get it from internet (point 1 above)
3) modify in the file the row
MOMENTARY_DELAY = 0.1
to
MOMENTARY_DELAY = 0.3
4) be careful to not modify any spacing or new lines etc, just 0.3 to 0.1
5) move the original file Defaults.pyc somewhere for backup, and leave in that folder only the .py

Launch Live and it will recompile and re-create the .pyc with the new value, and that solved the problem for me: basically it makes the waiting time not 3 ticks (the reason why a whole new bar was added) but 1 tick!

It's very clear when you see the whole file content:
TIMER_DELAY = 0.1
MOMENTARY_DELAY = 0.1
MOMENTARY_DELAY_TICKS = int(MOMENTARY_DELAY / TIMER_DELAY)

This file contains values that are used in all the Push2 double press logics, both for rows buttons and the pedal.

Marodoeren

Post by Marodoeren » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi, has anyone gotten any solutions? Or a simple step-by-step guide? Someone mentioned m4l, but I dn't quite get the solution. I'm using an Akai APC 40 mk2 and there's the same issue with the foot switch, unable to launch clips or end them properly according to the global quantisation indicator. When GQ is set to 'None', you can see that there's a glitch in time between pressing the foot switch and the launching of the session view clip. Would really appreciate some feedback. Ableton support told me a month ago that they didn't know how or when this could be fixed, and filed it as a bug, apparently. It's also impossible to call Ableton, because of the ''current situation''. Akai support hasn't answered in two months, after having sent more than 3 e-mails, while their reply to my first mail was how satisfied I'd been with their support. I'm also open to other options other the APC 40 or Push.

soundcheetah

Post by soundcheetah » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:15 pm

I was told by support to create a thread on Centercode (https://ableton.centercode.com/), which is where their devs look for feature requests with lots of votes. Help out and "upvote" it! Issue id: L10-SUG-3825