Push USB connector loose after 3 weeks!

Discuss Push with other users.
qcreator

Push USB connector loose after 3 weeks!

Post by qcreator » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:21 pm

The connector is loose and if you jiggle it you loose connection with Live

Sleek it is but robust it is not I am disabled so I had taken time to learn Live and now I am learning Push

Has anyone come across this and can you advise how I can get it replaced?

Mike

I bought an Live bag and thought I could put my laptop and Push and go?

tedlogan

Re: Push USB connector loose after 3 weeks!

Post by tedlogan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Do you transport Push with the USB cable still plugged into it? If so, this is very likely to cause problems due to pressure exerted onto it from various angles.

If not, how did this happen?

qcreator

Post by qcreator » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:12 am

My laptop and Push haven't moved and no I wasn't planning on putting it wired in the bag.

I had just begun to explore the push and use the controls at the top to control effects when I notice the display flicker.

Mike

qcreator

Post by qcreator » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:22 pm

Called support NY was told to send email I had already done that

Still no reply it is particularly pain full as I am disabled and every $ counts

Further searches I find I am not alone with problems

My advice buy from a USA retailer where you can return it

Not what I expect from from a German company usually meticulous quality

stratblue

Post by stratblue » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:24 pm

I had this problem but found it to be only with certain usb cables, try few others maybe?
Hackintosh Rackmount, 10.8.3, Live 9, Roland VG99, Push, genoQs Octopus, Linnstrument & Suzuki Hayabusa Z (0-60=2.5 secs) BMWr1200GSA, BMW M3 V8!

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:06 am

******DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, WARRANTY WILL PROBABLY BE VOID**********

If it wasn't still in warranty I'd say take it apart and check the solder joints, one may have broken loose. It's also a very easy thing to replace (with a tiny bit of soldering knowledge). You can go to a thrift store and buy a busted old printer for a replacement port if you need.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

qcreator

Post by qcreator » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:27 pm

After calling support they said said I would recieve a shipping label and they would fix but..

Today I recieved an email saying I had to take a video of the problem?

I cannot believe this is a professional musicians company

panten

Post by panten » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:56 pm

So trying to diagnose the problem seems unprofessional to you?

qcreator

Post by qcreator » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:46 am

It is unprofessional to tell me they are sending a shipping label and they will take care of it only to send an email the next day saying they want a video

I will say this one more time I have suffered 2 strokes and my wife died this year I am trying to get well using therapy through music my doctor is blunt that the next stroke will kill me it is hereditary

I was sold a piece of equipment that is faulty it is obvious Ableton would like me to be quiet and go away

Basically I have a paper weight

qcreator

Post by qcreator » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:20 am

I am logging out this is more trouble than its worth

panten

Post by panten » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Sorry to hear about your pain and your loss. You've had it extremely hard.

Is it possible that they asked for the video in order to help diagnose and pin down the problem. It sounds to me like they're trying to help.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:11 pm

I'm sure they just want to double check and see if they can help you fix the problem without sending it in. I used to work at a repair shop for music equipment and we would ask people to send us videos or pictures of what was happening to try and save them a trip down to the shop as well as money and time wasted. Don't look at it as a bad thing, they are just trying to do whats best for all parties involved. They wouldn't be involved in music equipment if they didn't understand musicians.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

132nonamemk\

Post by 132nonamemk\ » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:31 am

I'm assuming you haven't purchased this from an authorized retailer, given that you haven't attempted to return it nor go back to the authorized retailer to exchange the item for you (authorized retailers won't take a hit. also, ableton's authorized dealers won't mess around.. customers are #1.. ableton would not choose just any shop to sell). Keeping that in mind, have you ever thought maybe the seller demo'd this unit or used it? You blame ableton for their lack of quality control because of your unit, but then you're giving a whole lot of credit to the person you picked this up from.

Where did you pick the unit up from? If it's a store, you need to let us know for future reference.

You also stated you called ableton but then they sent you an email asking you to send a video..
Have you perhaps contacted Ableton in 2 different ways: Email & Phone? Whereas the phone and email support crew might have been 2 separate people? It has nothing to do with professionalism, they are following through in trying to help you. Asking for a video is simply them desiring to help you better.

USB A-to-B connectors are everywhere. Printers, laptops, akai controllers, midi keyboards, dj mixers, mixers, keyboards, synths,... A $40 printer made in China still has its USB port in there. It boggles me to hear that an untouched akai usb would get loose so easily.

Anyways, Ableton always responds & always helps. Atleast you are getting support. Send them a video and take it from there. My advice, if you're going to add your caption in the video, don't sound angry. Be calm and explain.

If I were you I would exchange it to a roland juno, vr09... but the push is sweet. :mrgreen: