Opening Set (recent or otherwise) from Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
Whizzercone

Opening Set (recent or otherwise) from Push?

Post by Whizzercone » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Is this possible? Am I missing something? If it isn't possible, can it get possible? Please? :mrgreen:

jestermgee

Re: Opening Set (recent or otherwise) from Push?

Post by jestermgee » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:18 pm

No, No, Possibly...

No way to open a project inbuilt but these days anything is possible.

For instance, using Bome MIDI Translator I am able to have an "Open" and "Save As" button on my MCU for quick 1 hand, non mouse access. Same thing could be applied to Push I guess.

If you are speaking in terms of having an actual button that opens a spcific project then again, it may be possible with some means (it IS possible but my solution requires scripts that do all the opening and are triggered from a MIDI input). That is not elegant, easy or smooth but works.

Ubik

Post by Ubik » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:12 am

It seems possible with pxt-live plus (haven't tried it yet).In accessory mode it allows you to attribute keystrokes and shortcuts (suchs as open live set, save live set, new live set...) to matrix pads for instance.
http://www.nativekontrol.com/PXT-Live_Plus.html

Whizzercone

Post by Whizzercone » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:31 pm

I would be fine with just selecting sets from the browser. Anything would be better than having to have my head stuck in a laptop screen. If there was an easy way to launch tracks in say, a playlist, that would be even better. Hell, one might actually be able to perform instead of running a computer lab...