PUSH rumors

Discuss Push with other users.
mpr47563634

PUSH rumors

Post by mpr47563634 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Any rumors for a (potential) new version of PUSH?

panten

Re: PUSH rumors

Post by panten » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:03 pm

No, this is the 1st one.

ash1

Post by ash1 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 pm

i think it could be a while before push 2 comes out and i would be suprised if the price wasnt higher than push 1 who knows but push 1 is pretty sweet im loving mine :)

Post by 102455 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Push Push (In The Bush).

8)

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:14 pm

102455 wrote:Push Push (In The Bush).

8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwoavXnHxYM

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:59 pm

Say what you want but after having purchased a Maschine Studio, I'm hopeful the next generation of Push will have color screens. It may be eye candy to some, and others may blow it off and say, use your computer monitor, but with the set-up I have, I love the dual color screens. NI got it right with the hardware side of the new Studio.

mpr47563634

Post by mpr47563634 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:39 pm

True, I think the main goal of this thing is to be able to not touch the computer and have most
of what you need on the device itself.

panten

Post by panten » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:10 pm

There's nothing quite like the feel of something new.

I would much rather Ableton concentrate on getting the software for MKI right.

Off the top of my head, obvious stuff that is still needed imho..
  • Sample Recording/Chopping workflow. <-click
  • Arrangement Record Workflow & Tools Similar to PXT-Live.
  • Browser Sample/Instrument Preview.
  • Browse & Insert MIDI Clips from hardware.
  • Assign other parameters to the Touch Strip.
  • 64Pad DrumRack Mode
  • Monophonic Melodic Step Sequencer. <-click
  • Per Step Automation for Effects on Audio Tracks.
  • Control over more than 16 Bars (drumRack) & 8 Bars (Melodic) Step Sequencing.
  • Much better use of existing buttons:
    • in Session View, hold Duplicate & Click a pad to select a clip.. click another pad to copy to that pad.
    • in DrumRack, hold Delete & press a Loop Length Control button or a range to delete only MIDI notes within that range.
    • Accent Button, press to access a Mode (similar to pressing Scales) which brings up a page of controls for customising Accent Mode. This mode is quite in depth and requires more explanation than this but any user of PXT-Live will understand what I mean.
  • Realtime Swing mode per track, using the dedicated Swing button.
  • Integration of the fantastic Parameter Mapping changes made by TomViolenz & co <-click
Until Ableton get stuff like this right, they'd be MENTAL to start working on a MKII version with all the bells and whistles.
They were wrong to assume that people would not need things like recording to Arrangement View or Sample Chopping MPC/Maschine style.

Push MKI is only just out, or is a year the equivalent of a lifetime to you ADHD kids?

Post by 102455 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:11 pm

What's Push availability like now (in the UK), because it was awful?

D'Jango

Post by D'Jango » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:18 am

panten wrote:There's nothing quite like the feel of something new.

I would much rather Ableton concentrate on getting the software for MKI right.

Off the top of my head, obvious stuff that is still needed imho..
  • Sample Recording/Chopping workflow. <-click
  • Arrangement Record Workflow & Tools Similar to PXT-Live.
  • Browser Sample/Instrument Preview.
  • Browse & Insert MIDI Clips from hardware.
  • Assign other parameters to the Touch Strip.
  • 64Pad DrumRack Mode
  • Monophonic Melodic Step Sequencer. <-click
  • Per Step Automation for Effects on Audio Tracks.
  • Control over more than 16 Bars (drumRack) & 8 Bars (Melodic) Step Sequencing.
  • Much better use of existing buttons:
    • in Session View, hold Duplicate & Click a pad to select a clip.. click another pad to copy to that pad.
    • in DrumRack, hold Delete & press a Loop Length Control button or a range to delete only MIDI notes within that range.
    • Accent Button, press to access a Mode (similar to pressing Scales) which brings up a page of controls for customising Accent Mode. This mode is quite in depth and requires more explanation than this but any user of PXT-Live will understand what I mean.
  • Realtime Swing mode per track, using the dedicated Swing button.
  • Integration of the fantastic Parameter Mapping changes made by TomViolenz & co <-click
Until Ableton get stuff like this right, they'd be MENTAL to start working on a MKII version with all the bells and whistles.
They were wrong to assume that people would not need things like recording to Arrangement View or Sample Chopping MPC/Maschine style.

Push MKI is only just out, or is a year the equivalent of a lifetime to you ADHD kids?
While I like Push I have to admit the most frustrating thing is editing samples without some type of chopping feature integration. At the least they could have added some way to add warp markers because doing it with the mouse sucks. Your list of things missing is spot on and in all honesty I considered purchasing Maschine but 2.0 is so unstable I could barely browse sounds on the demo. I hope Ableton is listening...I've been tempted to take Push back to give Maschine a try

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:24 am

102455 wrote:What's Push availability like now (in the UK), because it was awful?
I know Thomann have them cos I just ordered one. :D

panten

Post by panten » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:30 pm

D'Jango wrote:While I like Push I have to admit the most frustrating thing is editing samples without some type of chopping feature integration. At the least they could have added some way to add warp markers because doing it with the mouse sucks. Your list of things missing is spot on and in all honesty I considered purchasing Maschine but 2.0 is so unstable I could barely browse sounds on the demo. I hope Ableton is listening...I've been tempted to take Push back to give Maschine a try
Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with Push; and the direction Ableton seem to be taking it to me suggests they're listening to their users.

The Elektron P-Lock style step sequencing automation that they implemented with the latest point release is AWESOME. I've been getting more variance and nuance changes in my beats quicker than I ever have, it's a fantastic workflow.
..also loving the implementation of Melodic Step Sequencing and changes to the way the loop controls work, very much appreciated.

They just have a long way to go with it and I only hope they don't run out of steam before they get to implement Sample Chopping. That's the big one for me which takes my hands off Push and back to the Mouse&Keyboard.

I'm glad I invested in Push and not Maschine tbh. The current state of Maschine/Live workflow seems totally broken at the moment.
I love how integrated Push feels with Live, and by that I mean 'non-destructive' workflow.

D'Jango

Post by D'Jango » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:26 am

panten wrote:
D'Jango wrote:While I like Push I have to admit the most frustrating thing is editing samples without some type of chopping feature integration. At the least they could have added some way to add warp markers because doing it with the mouse sucks. Your list of things missing is spot on and in all honesty I considered purchasing Maschine but 2.0 is so unstable I could barely browse sounds on the demo. I hope Ableton is listening...I've been tempted to take Push back to give Maschine a try
Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with Push; and the direction Ableton seem to be taking it to me suggests they're listening to their users.

The Elektron P-Lock style step sequencing automation that they implemented with the latest point release is AWESOME. I've been getting more variance and nuance changes in my beats quicker than I ever have, it's a fantastic workflow.
..also loving the implementation of Melodic Step Sequencing and changes to the way the loop controls work, very much appreciated.

They just have a long way to go with it and I only hope they don't run out of steam before they get to implement Sample Chopping. That's the big one for me which takes my hands off Push and back to the Mouse&Keyboard.

I'm glad I invested in Push and not Maschine tbh. The current state of Maschine/Live workflow seems totally broken at the moment.
I love how integrated Push feels with Live, and by that I mean 'non-destructive' workflow.
The more I use Push the more it feels natural in Live 9 and has definitely done wonders for my creativity so far, I took a risk and purchased push to replace my keyboard controller and pad controller and it's done the job well. There is something fun about creating melodies and chords with the pads and i'm the same the only time I find myself leaving push is for slicing samples to the pads. Even though I considered Maschine I'm pleased with Push, im praying Ableton makes a push towards sample chopping but yes they have a long way to go

geekbeats

Post by geekbeats » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:59 am

panten wrote:No, this is the 1st one.
^^^^ HILARIOUS!

Philippe COPIN

Post by Philippe COPIN » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:17 pm

I'm waiting for mine the next days :wink: , and I just tested the new Live 9 this week. I find amazing the new features of audio to midi. Great function !! Amazing how it works ! I can imagine that Push is a great controller. :mrgreen: