Using maschine w/o using the hardware?

Discuss Push with other users.
eyeknow

Using maschine w/o using the hardware?

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:26 pm

AudioModder VST Bridge for Ableton Push is obviously needed, but can I install all of my maschine stuff (haven't done it on this computer) and just use push and not even have the hardware installed? I'm guessing no but thought I'd ask.

yur2die4

Re: Using maschine w/o using the hardware?

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:14 am

The Maschine software is extremely complex. I don't foresee full control anytime in the near future.

As for making a template for what is readily at your disposal. Depending on if you are thinking about 1.8 or 2.0, the methods of control have options but drastic limitations. No browsing, no waveform edit, no loading things of any kind from Push. But you can still play with macro/mapped things and play basic channels with Live's pads and a whooooole bunch of routing and pre-configuration.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:47 am

Well, what I meant was the audiomodder vst bridge makes it easy to browse maschine kits, isn't that right? I don't want to have to have the maschine controller, just use push to get the kits.

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:31 pm

since getting the audiomodder racks I don't use Maschine hw anymore ....just load and control mashine kits from Push. Don't need maschine Instruments as have Ku9 in Push also thru audiomodder.I hated using maschine with live so now I use it ( the software) much more with much less hassle. I recommend it. Also jester mgee for getting Omnisphere in Push and mabelton for sylenth and arturia. Push now miles better for me.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:53 pm

That's what I thought, but I don't even want the maschine controller hooked up to this computer. Will maschine run w/o it? I guess the way to find out is to go through my install today and see for myself :lol:

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:13 am

yep. just use push and maschine software

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:33 am

cool.

Thanks guys!

nukage

Post by nukage » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 pm

Just a thought, I'd love to have the Maschine kits in ableton as well, but my concern would be if you need to transfer your license to someone else in the event that you want to sell the hardware (hardware is kind of useless without the software license, right?) then you'd no longer be able to load those kits, even in ableton on the push... correct?