[Old, see new thread] Ubermap: Push VST param remapping

Discuss Push with other users.
tom_d

Re: Ubermap (w/experimental 9.5/Push2): Push VST param remapping

Post by tom_d » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:58 am

AlexGodbehere wrote:Excellent news! Thanks for keeping us updated Tom.

Will you be creating a new GitHub repo for this, or will you be continuing to use the old one? Either way, I'd love to help out!
I think what I'll do is update the existing Github repo to work with Push 2 in the quickest way possible, then plan to do a rewrite which will be in a separate repo which will be more extensible. Will see how big the changes need to be though.

I'm also planning to play with the Javascript that runs the Push 2 screen as I reckon you could do some very cool stuff with that :)
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

AlexGodbehere

Post by AlexGodbehere » Sat May 07, 2016 3:42 pm

Hey Tom!

Any updates?

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Sat May 07, 2016 6:11 pm

AlexGodbehere wrote:Hey Tom!

Any updates?
Hey, sorry, I should have posted in here! Started a new thread for the updated version as this one has got a bit long: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=221501

That version works for me with Push 2 and the latest beta, working on fixing for Push 1 but it's a little tricky as I don't have the hardware any more :)

Please let me know in the new the new thread how you get on!

Cheers,
Tom
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

jdolle

Post by jdolle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for you work Tom .. it looks so great :)
I don't understand why it doesn't work on my Mac (El Capitain, Ableton 9.6.1, Push 1) .. I've tried different versions of ubermap, but everytime my Push displays : "Please Start Live to Play" ..
The install.command runs correctly, but if I look into the Control Surface parameters (in Preferences/MIDI menu), Push is not in the list anymore..

Could someone help me please ?

Thanks
Jerome

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:01 pm

jdolle wrote:Dear All,

Thanks a lot for you work Tom .. it looks so great :)
I don't understand why it doesn't work on my Mac (El Capitain, Ableton 9.6.1, Push 1) .. I've tried different versions of ubermap, but everytime my Push displays : "Please Start Live to Play" ..
The install.command runs correctly, but if I look into the Control Surface parameters (in Preferences/MIDI menu), Push is not in the list anymore..

Could someone help me please ?

Thanks
Jerome
Hey Jerome, are you using this version of Ubermap or the one in the other thread? (viewtopic.php?f=55&t=221501)

This one will no longer work, I guess I should add a warning to the start of the thread! The other one may or may not work with Push 1, there aren't many Push 1 users testing it so I'm honestly not sure but please try out

[chris b]

Re: [Old, see new thread] Ubermap: Push VST param remapping

Post by [chris b] » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:45 pm

The new version works fine on Push 1 for me. Windows 10 though.

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:47 pm

[chris b] wrote:The new version works fine on Push 1 for me. Windows 10 though.
Glad to hear it! I'm afraid that most of the new features I have planned might not make it to Push 1 as the code bases and capabilities of the hardware diverge too much, but I'll ensure the basic functionality keeps working as long as there are people using Push 1 with Ubermap who are happy to test!

jdolle

Post by jdolle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:30 pm

are you using this version of Ubermap or the one in the other thread?
I tried both and i have the same problem.
when Live is starting, the new __init__.py is "compiled" into __init.pyc__, but I can't see/select it when I browse the control surface list.
I guess I'm doing something wrong but don't know what :cry:

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:56 pm

jdolle wrote:
are you using this version of Ubermap or the one in the other thread?
I tried both and i have the same problem.
when Live is starting, the new __init__.py is "compiled" into __init.pyc__, but I can't see/select it when I browse the control surface list.
I guess I'm doing something wrong but don't know what :cry:
Could be an issue with the latest beta of live I guess - could you both please confirm which OS, version of Push and version of Live you are using?

jdolle

Post by jdolle » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Hello Tom,
I am using Push 1, Ableton Suite 9.6.1 64 Bit, OS X El Captain :wink:

jdolle

Post by jdolle » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:06 am

Hi,
I finally manage to install Ubermap :)
Don't know exactly why, but I had to edit the install.command script and comment every push2 lines ..
Thanks Tom for your software, it's useful and really increase push interest..