[Old, see new thread] Ubermap: Push VST param remapping

Discuss Push with other users.
PremEye

Re: Ubermap (Alpha, Mac-only): Simple Push parameter remapping

Post by PremEye » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:07 pm

I had Ubermap installed on an earlier version of Ableton. Does it still work on the current version? Is Ubermap still being developed/supported?

I would like to re-install but I want to make sure it is still being updated.
Thanks,
Prem

weswook

Post by weswook » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:44 am

I just installed ubermap along side 9.1.4 and PUSH is acting very funny. Either I installed incorrectly or there is a conflict between 9.1.4 & Ubermod. Have others had luck?

Edit: I have installed from my OS drive. It appears that the installer cannot find my directories.

monsoonmoon

Post by monsoonmoon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:44 am

Works fine for me with 9.1.4.

Though it's certainly worth reinstalling Ableton once (which gets rid of a bad Ubermap install and gets Push working again) and then reinstalling Ubermap if you haven't tried that already.

Otherwise if it fails again then making a note of exactly which directories the installer doesn't find from the log/terminal window would be the next step I guess and then troubleshoot from there...

weswook

Post by weswook » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:45 am

monsoonmoon wrote:Works fine for me with 9.1.4.

Though it's certainly worth reinstalling Ableton once (which gets rid of a bad Ubermap install and gets Push working again) and then reinstalling Ubermap if you haven't tried that already.

Otherwise if it fails again then making a note of exactly which directories the installer doesn't find from the log/terminal window would be the next step I guess and then troubleshoot from there...
No dice. I reverted back to a functioning Live/Push and tried reinstalling ubermap, same result. Are there any manual install instructions floating out there?

moscom_musik

Post by moscom_musik » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 am

Hey,

any hope to get an update with some of the features that were mentionned previous replies? It would be really cool!

Cheers

M
Macbook Pro Retina 2015, Live 9 Suite, Push, and a bunch of plug-ins I like :)

PremEye

Post by PremEye » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Hello-
I posted this a while back but did not get an answer so I will post again....

Is Ubermap still working on the most up to date Ableton?
Is it still being developed?

I would like to know before I download again...

Also, I have the AudioModder and Mableton presets for various VST; specifically Uhe DIVA.
I was wondering, if I created an Ubermod template for DIVA would it load on the various Mabeton presets?
I do not know if you are familiar with Mableton but they created a rack for each preset which you access through PUSH...so I am wondering if the Ubermod DIVA template would get over run by the Mableton preset once loaded.
Any help offered would be appreciated...
Thanks,
Prem

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:07 pm

As far as I know the original creator of Ubermap is pretty busy with school, work, and family so I wouldn't count on updates happening very often but I'm sure he's still interested in updating it in the future.

As far as Ubermap working with Mableton presets(or others, the answer is yes). The issue you'll run into is that you are stuck being able to only use the parameters that they set out for you in the Mableton/Audio Modder presets. You can rename those, organize them into banks etc... but you can't add any parameters that they didn't already include without re-saving all of the presets manually.

Ubermap makes a hash code unique to and based on the parameters available and the order they are in. You modify this file and then every preset with the exact same controls layout will have your modified parameters available. Any others would have to be modified in their own separate file.

So really yes it will work but you will be limited to the parameters they already chose and in some cases that isn't many.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

tom_d

Post by tom_d » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Hey, creator here! Seeing the email from Ableton about Retina Mac support in the latest beta made me think I should really check back on here.

Apologies for a lack of any updates, it's been a busy summer but I should be able to find some more time to work on Ubermap soon hopefully :)

Does anyone know the answer as to whether it works on the latest beta? I will check it out and update (if it's easy) myself if not.

Apologies again for the lack of updates and I hope some of you are still enjoying the tool regardless!

Cheers,
Tom
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

cyclicAMP

Post by cyclicAMP » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:16 am

Thanks tom_d for creating the Ubermap and thanks for your willingness to keep it going!

PremEye

Post by PremEye » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:09 am

Thanks for the replies Tom_d and Airyck!
I am going to download and install again...
If I have any issues I will post here and hope I can be assisted...Thanks!
-Prem

moscom_musik

Post by moscom_musik » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:29 am

Hey tom-D,

thanks for the answer. On my side, Ubermap works well with 9.1.5. Do not know for 9.1.6 that has been posted yesterday though :)

Cheers

M
Macbook Pro Retina 2015, Live 9 Suite, Push, and a bunch of plug-ins I like :)

wackazong

Post by wackazong » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:58 am

Hey there, working for me on 9.1.6. Would be great to continue developing this. I would help where I can, but I do not know pyhon (but I can learn).

One question: the file in the folder "Plugin Parameter Configs" is meant to be loaded in the plugin, right? There is no way to save a custom parameter mapping in Live except in a rack, right? This sucks..

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 pm

wackazong wrote:Hey there, working for me on 9.1.6. Would be great to continue developing this. I would help where I can, but I do not know pyhon (but I can learn).

One question: the file in the folder "Plugin Parameter Configs" is meant to be loaded in the plugin, right? There is no way to save a custom parameter mapping in Live except in a rack, right? This sucks..
The plugin parameter config file is automatically generated with a unique hash based on the controls (and what order they are in) that have been set up in the Ableton plugin parameter configuration. If that setup changes so does the hash, which makes your custom mapping not working anymore (hence saving it as a rack). You can setup auto-populate which will fill up 128 parameters in the order that they are listed. In the case that the plugin has more than 128 parameters you will have to manually choose which 128 controls you want to use and the only way to save that setup is with a rack.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:55 pm

It's great to hear that Ubermap works for some in Live 9.1.6. When I installed it in 9.1.7b2 however Push stopped working all together so had to reinstall the beta.

I will back up 9.1.6 and try again there. I need to get proper control names in Razor (Reaktor synth) so hopefully this will work out.
Make some music!

rhythmhead

Post by rhythmhead » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:19 pm

Checking to see if Ubermap is working on 9.1.7. Anyone tried it yet?