[Old, see new thread] Ubermap: Push VST param remapping

Discuss Push with other users.
fistikuffs

Re: Ubermap (Alpha, Mac-only): Simple Push parameter remapping

Post by fistikuffs » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:10 pm

boboter wrote:Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help.

Sadly I can't get it to work no matter what I do. The parameters vanish from Push as soon as I change their position. Too bad, Ubermap looked exactly like the thing I've been waiting for.
Ubermap is what I was waiting for and probably you too. Keep trying, it's working perfectly for me and many others so something has just gone wrong for you somewhere.

Have a look at the config thread viewtopic.php?f=55&t=202642and see if you have any of the plugs there and try one of those configs. If you don't pick some free plugin and I'll do a config for you and you can see if the same config works for you.

Failing all that, restore your Midi Remote Scripts folder and re-install Ubermap.

As I said, it's working fine, and it's extremely useful so don't give up yet!

moscom_musik

Post by moscom_musik » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:43 pm

tom_d wrote:Hey boboter, I've used Ubermap with 64-bit Live with no problems.
Same goes for my promised new features, just not had a moment to look at them but soon I hope :)

Cheers,
Tom
Go go go! ;)

Good luck with your new job!
Macbook Pro Retina 2015, Live 9 Suite, Push, and a bunch of plug-ins I like :)

boboter

Post by boboter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:58 pm

tom_d wrote:Hey boboter, I've used Ubermap with 64-bit Live with no problems.

I've been really busy lately as I am starting a new job but I will give you a shout on here sometime this week or next and try to figure out why you are habing issues :) Same goes for my promised new features, just not had a moment to look at them but soon I hope :)

Cheers,
Tom

Awesome. I really appreciate it. All the best for the new job.
jogging house .... synths, samples, nostalgia & delay.
soundcloud . bandcamp . facebook . vimeo . tumblr

boboter

Post by boboter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:00 pm

fistikuffs wrote:
boboter wrote:Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help.

Sadly I can't get it to work no matter what I do. The parameters vanish from Push as soon as I change their position. Too bad, Ubermap looked exactly like the thing I've been waiting for.
Ubermap is what I was waiting for and probably you too. Keep trying, it's working perfectly for me and many others so something has just gone wrong for you somewhere.

Have a look at the config thread viewtopic.php?f=55&t=202642and see if you have any of the plugs there and try one of those configs. If you don't pick some free plugin and I'll do a config for you and you can see if the same config works for you.

Failing all that, restore your Midi Remote Scripts folder and re-install Ubermap.

As I said, it's working fine, and it's extremely useful so don't give up yet!

Strangely, I don't have a single one of those plugs :) The TAL Chorus that I tried Ubermap with is free and very useful, so installing it might be cool for you as well. Otherwise, just tell me which plugin to load. Thanks a lot.

Here is the link to the chorus: http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-chorus-lx

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 pm

boboter wrote:Strangely, I don't have a single one of those plugs :) The TAL Chorus that I tried Ubermap with is free and very useful, so installing it might be cool for you as well. Otherwise, just tell me which plugin to load. Thanks a lot.

Here is the link to the chorus: http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-chorus-lx
OK so i've rearranged the parameters in TALs chorus and renamed the bank to TEST1. This is working fine for me. One thing to note is that I'm on W7 using vst. I'mm using Notepad++ as my editor. Let me know if it works for you:

Code: Select all

[Banks]
[[TEST1]]
3_VOLUME = VOLUME
4_DRYWET = DRYWET
5_STEREOWIDTH = STEREOWIDTH
1_CHORUS1ENABLED = CHORUS1ENABLED
2_CHORUS2ENABLED = CHORUS2ENABLED
[BestOfBank]
[[Bank]]
3_VOLUME = VOLUME
4_DRYWET = DRYWET
5_STEREOWIDTH = STEREOWIDTH
1_CHORUS1ENABLED = CHORUS1ENABLED
2_CHORUS2ENABLED = CHORUS2ENABLED
[Config]
Cache = False
Ignore = False

boboter

Post by boboter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks for the config. It is the same problem as before. I can see the changed bank name, but none of the parameters. Push just stays empty for some reason.

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

boboter wrote:Thanks for the config. It is the same problem as before. I can see the changed bank name, but none of the parameters. Push just stays empty for some reason.
No problem. What editor are you using?

When I get home later I'll send you a link to the config file which you can download and drop directly into the folder without needing a text editor, just to eliminate that from the issue.

We will get it working! If i can't I'm sure Tom will!

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 pm

In Ableton, you have to display all of the parameters of a plugin when it's loaded. The .cfg file will not work unless the parameters are "visible" in Ableton.

When you click the little "arrow" button on the plugin does it show a whole bunch of parameters?

You can get them to auto-populate by placing the options.txt file in the correct location and setting to = -1

What you are describing is exactly what happens when you load a .cfg file but none of the parameters are showing in Ableton.

You can manually add the parameters by clicking the "config" button then touching the parameters in the plugin GUI. Don't forget to group that afterwards and use it to load the plugin every time. This way the hash file name stays the same every time you load the plugin. The unique hash name is created according to what parameters you have loaded for a plugin in Ableton via the Options.txt file or by manually adding parameters. If a different set of parameters are loaded the hash file will change and you have to load the .cfg data in the new file again.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

boboter

Post by boboter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Airyck wrote:In Ableton, you have to display all of the parameters of a plugin when it's loaded. The .cfg file will not work unless the parameters are "visible" in Ableton.

When you click the little "arrow" button on the plugin does it show a whole bunch of parameters?

You can get them to auto-populate by placing the options.txt file in the correct location and setting to = -1

What you are describing is exactly what happens when you load a .cfg file but none of the parameters are showing in Ableton.

You can manually add the parameters by clicking the "config" button then touching the parameters in the plugin GUI. Don't forget to group that afterwards and use it to load the plugin every time. This way the hash file name stays the same every time you load the plugin. The unique hash name is created according to what parameters you have loaded for a plugin in Ableton via the Options.txt file or by manually adding parameters. If a different set of parameters are loaded the hash file will change and you have to load the .cfg data in the new file again.

Thanks for trying to help. I know all that, actually. All parameters show up in Ableton. That's how I am using Push at the moment. They just don't show up on Push anymore when I edit the layout with Ubermap.
Last edited by boboter on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boboter

Post by boboter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 pm

fistikuffs wrote:
boboter wrote:Thanks for the config. It is the same problem as before. I can see the changed bank name, but none of the parameters. Push just stays empty for some reason.

When I get home later I'll send you a link to the config file which you can download and drop directly into the folder without needing a text editor, just to eliminate that from the issue.

So far, I tried it with Textedit, Textwrangler and Sublime Text. So I guess, it's not the editor that causes the problem. Maybe it'll work with your file. I let you know right away. Appreciate it.

moscom_musik

Post by moscom_musik » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:21 pm

I also edit my cfg files with Textwrangler and I have noticed that the use of quotes sometimes messes up the display, i.e. Push won't display any parameter after this. As strange as it sounds, it depends on how I type the quotes. I guess it is tied to how the text info is encoded in the file....

Hope that this may help...
Macbook Pro Retina 2015, Live 9 Suite, Push, and a bunch of plug-ins I like :)

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:05 pm

boboter wrote:
fistikuffs wrote:

So far, I tried it with Textedit, Textwrangler and Sublime Text. So I guess, it's not the editor that causes the problem. Maybe it'll work with your file. I let you know right away. Appreciate it.
Just thinking here, the hash in the file name may be different. Just rename the file to whatever its called on your system, don't open it in a text editor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0WKMZ ... sp=sharing

boboter

Post by boboter » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Hmm, that doesn't work at all. Can't get Ableton/Ubermap to recognize your file. I changed the name accordingly but nothing happens. This is really confusing. I feel super sorry for all the time you guys put into my troubles.

fistikuffs

Post by fistikuffs » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 pm

boboter wrote:Hmm, that doesn't work at all. Can't get Ableton/Ubermap to recognize your file. I changed the name accordingly but nothing happens. This is really confusing. I feel super sorry for all the time you guys put into my troubles.
It's no problem for me dude. :)

Did you back up your Midi Remote Scripts folder before you installed Ubermap? If so I'd restore that, and try to reinstall Ubermap. I'm going to have a look at create a bat script for the installation over the next few days if you want to hang on for that.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Maybe something didn't compile right. Have you tried starting over? Try restoring all of your backups and re-do it from the beginning again if you haven't tried that yet. Not sure what else could be going on.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /