Lock Push control to Channel?

Discuss Push with other users.
marcoskohler

Lock Push control to Channel?

Post by marcoskohler » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:13 pm

It's incredibly annoying to be playing a channel with Push, then clicking another channel with your mouse (to select/edit it with your mouse/other keyboards) and then push gives up control of your current channel and goes to the most recent (even when solo/arm isn't exclusive)...There should be a way to lock push to the current frame/page/channel. Comments?

tom_d

Re: Lock Push control to Channel?

Post by tom_d » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:17 am

Three things you can try to restore sanity :)

- Disable "select on launch" in Preferences > Record/Warp/Launch - this will stop the focus jumping around when you launch a clip

- If you want to lock a device to Push as you change the focus to other devices/tracks, you can right click on the header of the device and choose "Lock to Control Surface (Push)". This isn't perfect as I don't think you can access the banks of the device while locked, and it's a pain that you can't do this directly from Push (as far as I know) - I might try and hack the scripts a bit to improve this, as I often need this functionality.

- If you are using Drum Racks, you can disable "Follow" mode (the little arrow in the bottom left) and it won't jump around when you play a different pad
Ubermap: simple, free bank and parameter remapping for AudioUnit and VST devices for Push and Push 2: http://ubermap.live

abodal

Re: Lock Push control to Channel?

Post by abodal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:38 am

If anyone is still interested, I've created a public suggestion/feature request which can be found at Ableton Centercode https://ableton.centercode.com.

You'll have to create a new account but if you really want this feature to get attention possibly, take the 5 min to sign up and upvote my suggestion titled "Push 2 Lock to Track"