keeping Device mode while launching

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
mcfly777

keeping Device mode while launching

Post by mcfly777 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:30 am

I have been using Push for about 2 months, and really enjoy the live possibilities. One issue that I am having is that I want to be able to stay with the Device controls for one track and be able to launch a clip while not losing control of the previous device.

Right now, for example I am modulating my lead synth parameters, and if I launch any other clip, I need to push the previous track button (right below the screen), and after that push "device". This is very cumbersome to do every time.

Any workarounds or suggestions ?

thanks

replika

Re: keeping Device mode while launching

Post by replika » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:52 am

mcfly777 wrote:I have been using Push for about 2 months, and really enjoy the live possibilities. One issue that I am having is that I want to be able to stay with the Device controls for one track and be able to launch a clip while not losing control of the previous device.

Right now, for example I am modulating my lead synth parameters, and if I launch any other clip, I need to push the previous track button (right below the screen), and after that push "device". This is very cumbersome to do every time.

Any workarounds or suggestions ?

thanks
press and hold session button fire a new clip, let go the session button and your back.

hope that helps.

interceptor

Post by interceptor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Had this problem too.

You can disable it by unchecking "select on launch" in Live´s preferences.

mcfly777

Post by mcfly777 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks both. Indeed I found out about the "select on launch" option, and that is exactly what I wanted. Now my Push has become much more of a performance instrument for me.