Access more than 64 Parameters?

Discuss Push with other users.
Dalski

Access more than 64 Parameters?

Post by Dalski » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Is it possible to control more than 64 parameters per device from Push?

yur2die4

Re: Access more than 64 Parameters?

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:44 pm

I'm pretty sure that with lists of parameters, the far right button becomes a scroll instead of the 8th parameter bank. And as you scroll, the far left becomes one too.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:46 pm

My good sir, I refer you to these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=201849 for 3rd party devices (VSTs)

and

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=198946 for complete access to all of Live's devices' parameters from Push. Far superior to the default Ableton mappings. Some have much more than 16 banks.

The current maximum amount of parameters controllable per device in Live is 128, Push or not.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:09 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
tedlogan wrote:
The current maximum amount of parameters controllable per device in Live is 128, Push or not.
Except for Lives own devices.
Yes of course, forgot to mention that.

Dalski

Post by Dalski » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:48 pm

tedlogan wrote:My good sir, I refer you to these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=201849 for 3rd party devices (VSTs)

and

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=198946 for complete access to all of Live's devices' parameters from Push. Far superior to the default Ableton mappings. Some have much more than 16 banks.

Thanks Ted, I will check those posts out later.

I was already aware that 3rd party devices required extra work (or someone else's hard work). A bit puzzled that I can only access 64 parameters from push within the native devices, without workarounds, is that correct or am I missing something?
yur2die4 wrote:I'm pretty sure that with lists of parameters, the far right button becomes a scroll instead of the 8th parameter bank. And as you scroll, the far left becomes one too.
Should this be possible natively? Because I do not seem to have this option, just 8 buttons, directly below the screen which each have access to 8 parameters.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:04 pm

A bit puzzled that I can only access 64 parameters from push within the native devices, without workarounds, is that correct or am I missing something?
Yes. As far as I remember, the Ableton people set it up this way - only eight banks or less used per device. They didn't bother configuring a complete mapping, which is beyond odd.

TomViolenz's custom mappings for all of Live's devices (the second link I posted earlier) is what you should be using. A quick glance at the first post in that link might make it seem that it's difficult or fiddly to install, but it is actually very quick and easy.

Dalski

Post by Dalski » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Thanks for the clarification Ted. I was thinking the bottom row of buttons should also be selectable, they seem wasted in device mode. I even tried shift clicking & select clicking. Beyond odd indeed!

I checked out the first post in the links you provided, looks very interesting and useful. No problem with the technicals, thanks again.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:55 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
tedlogan wrote:A quick glance at the first post in that link might make it seem that it's difficult or fiddly to install, but it is actually very quick and easy.
That's the former scientist in me comming though...Everything has to be documented and there is no such thing as too much information :mrgreen:
Heh, yes I agree. Complete and concise information. I just thought some people might just see the long wall of text and assume it's a hassle to go through, when it is in fact very simple, and the instructions clear.