how do i: set push key velocity to 100%?

Discuss Push with other users.
132nonamemk\

how do i: set push key velocity to 100%?

Post by 132nonamemk\ » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:55 am

how do i set the push's keys (or midi strike) to full velocity? meaning, on always full volume.. no variation in volume

trommelmeister

Re: how do i: set push key velocity to 100%?

Post by trommelmeister » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

[quote="132nonamemk\"]how do i set the push's keys (or midi strike) to full velocity? meaning, on always full volume.. no variation in volume[/quote]
Hm, pressing the Accent button might help, but I guess 132nonamemk would like to have both hands free for playing the 64 pads.

To always get the 100% velocity (meaning velocity value of 127), just add in Live the Velocity MIDI effect in front of your MIDI instrument. Set this Velocity effect to a fixed value (namely 127), and you are done. Now all incoming MIDI velocities will be changed to a fixed 127 value.

Regards, Martin

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:59 pm

You don't need any of that. Just press the Accent button once quickly and it stays in Accent mode, leaving both hands free to play the 64 pads.

If you hold Accent momentarily, then you only have one hand free to play.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:18 pm

My solution for this was to wear a special glove with very strong magnetic potential on the fingertips.

Then I would simply put a massive magnet underneath my Push.

I can hit 100% effortlessly.

But when I lift my hand the Push and the magnet come flying up with my hand..............

This is where I devised a special scraping shovel for my foot. It was a problem which was happening entirely too frequently. So on my foot I put a shovel that can be used to force my hand from my Push and the magnet. It is a very sturdy shovel. This worked great except for the massive speaker that is too my side.

My hand tends to reel when I use the shovel technique. And that sturdy shovel gets stuck to the first magnet.

So my arm flails as my hand gets sucked into the speaker magnet and my foot comes crashing against the floor with the heavy magnet dangling off of it.

At this time I use my free leg to drag my tangled up body to the power outlet so that I can at least rip out the power for the velocity magnet.

I had to install a special outlet for that particular magnet to really pump the juice. Thing is, being so new, the plug itself gets stuck and the only way to get any force is by yanking on the rubber cord. It seems to be becoming frayed and revealing bits of wire. I will fix this later if it becomes a real problem.

Edit: so I just tried the Accent button and it seems to be a good alternative option

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:54 pm

clydesdale

Post by clydesdale » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:09 pm

I've found that if you use the Accent button with the Push upside down the velocity only goes to around 123.
LIVE 9.1.7 x64, PUSH w/PXT, APC40, KEYSTATION PRO88, Radium61
Win8.1 Pro, 4820k(4.5GHz)/32GB/840ProSSD/RME Babyface