really?

Discuss Push with other users.
yur2die4

Re: really?

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 pm

I know it's been said before.

Ableton should make a software similar to what NI makes for midi modes. It could support the APCs and especially Push :D

weswook

Post by weswook » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Lets be honest, Push is still in Beta ... at least that's what I tell myself on a daily basis. If it wasn't for Stray there would be very little [Push stuff] to get excited for. The latest 9.1.3 release had ZERO Push function updates; Save, Copy. Paste would be well received. I'm still blown away that they released Push without slice/warp functionality. At the end of the day Push is just one more tool to help me get work done, it's not even close to an end all solution ... I'm hoping one day it is.

Tagor

Ableton Push in conjunction with the Akai APC40 and Ableton

Post by Tagor » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:33 pm

a tool to edit scales and more options under user-mode, a wyswyg-editor
and the ability to change free like a APC the midi-settings, without loosing
the scenelaunch-matrix, at least but not last, the possibility to ping-pong
Sets between two (2!) Push/Lives on one (1!) machine. Some lights on the dark
knobs of the might.....

would also be fun to run 2x a Push/APC-Combo on one machine.

second thoughts ?

nemoy

Post by nemoy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:29 am

probably gonna sell it... it's really too expensive for not beeing custom mappable at all...
this can't be that hard... just do what you guys did with the apc!

Fritz609

Post by Fritz609 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 am

Im not sure why anyone would want to warp on such a tiny screen. I can see slicing on the push but once again, i still prefer the 23 in. Screen to do the do. My mpc2500 has had no purpose in my arsenal since ableton and push. Everyhing is faster and better on the eyes. Only way i see it worth having warping on the unit is if they come out with a push mkII with a maschine studio size screen.
I feel the only reason push is overpriced is because your forced to purchase live intro with it. Without intro, push would be 499.99 which is definitely worth the price for me.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:28 am

This gets me thinking.

You can install Live on two computers, in good faith you're likely using one at a time.

But what if you have a serial for both Live 9 Suite, and Intro. Does this mean that Intro can go onto a third computer?

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:33 am

My sarcasm meter just pegged.........what happened?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 am

yur2die4 wrote:This gets me thinking.

You can install Live on two computers, in good faith you're likely using one at a time.

But what if you have a serial for both Live 9 Suite, and Intro. Does this mean that Intro can go onto a third computer?
Yes, I would think Intro is a whole 'nother buy. So I would even think that this Intro can go on two computers itself, making it four in total.
At least seems logical to me.

ambientidm

Post by ambientidm » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:57 pm

yes push has quite a few limits but overall i love it!
add in a lauchpad with lpc-live2 script and you are off to new sequencing heights
as demonstrated here
you do not need numerology to do amazing sequences with this combo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZE-4M2ft4g

the new apc-40 should make an excellent mixing board/clip launching companion
leave push for device control and midi sequencing/jamming

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 am

Ableton has shown they can move quickly to implement new functionality in push. As it stands now I believe push does everything that the hardware offers on the panel and more so as an initial release ableton are probably quite pleased.I have this feeling that further goodies/development for push will be delivered through monetized updates sold through shop. I mean it doesn't pay to keep developing push beyond the hardware I.e. multiple function per button and why should they be happy to let the third parties benefit only? I'm sure they're assessing the current wants and needs and watching how quickly the community currently responds and what the market will bear.

nemoy

Post by nemoy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 pm

i'm not talking "goodies" here... push is missing some really essential functionalities for live performances
...at least if you want to do more than just your average clip-launching...

Fritz609

Post by Fritz609 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:05 pm

I Thought upon launch, ableton marketed the push more towards studio use as oppose to live performance.....
Makes sense since the apc40 is geared more towards live performance

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Two of their biggest selling points were the drum pad/sequencer and the pads to play melody.

They even demonstrated live performance on the pads several times.

This gives the impression that Push would be a very nifty instrument to have on stage.

However, they didn't quite reveal some of the trade offs. Especially the one where you can't assign Push to exclusive channels, and Push also interferes with 'highlighted' channels.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:21 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Two of their biggest selling points were the drum pad/sequencer and the pads to play melody.

They even demonstrated live performance on the pads several times.

This gives the impression that Push would be a very nifty instrument to have on stage.

However, they didn't quite reveal some of the trade offs. Especially the one where you can't assign Push to exclusive channels, and Push also interferes with 'highlighted' channels.
You can remedy this with changing the input routing.
This too can be midi controlled on the fly through clyphx.

This is just a workaround obviously.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:07 pm

My most preferred method is, Arm any channel, and it gets selected for blue hand

Select any channel, and the armed channel retains its arming as an input for any/most of my midi devices.

It works very quickly, and I can select a Return channel to manipulate without my keyboard suddenly disappearing ..