How to change devices quicker?

Discuss Push with other users.
futuremoves

How to change devices quicker?

Post by futuremoves » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:50 am

I'm in device mode on "Track 1" tweaking Freq on Operator. I then want to tweak Freq on Analog on "Track 2". As far as I know I have to press "Track", press the button for the appropriate track, then press device (and then repeat if I want to go back to the original device for tweaking).

Is there any quicker way to change from one track's Freq to another?

futuremoves

Re: How to change devices quicker?

Post by futuremoves » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:22 am

TomViolenz wrote:no
OK! I've been toying with the idea of getting a Launch Control XL for selecting tracks and having more knobs. Anyone know if this would work with Push. More specifically, if I changed a parameter on the Launch Control XL (like selecting a track) would that change the track selected on Push?

TomViolenz

Re: How to change devices quicker?

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:15 am

futuremoves wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:no
OK! I've been toying with the idea of getting a Launch Control XL for selecting tracks and having more knobs. Anyone know if this would work with Push. More specifically, if I changed a parameter on the Launch Control XL (like selecting a track) would that change the track selected on Push?
Yes it would, it's a big complaint that everyone has here. The only workarounds would involve locking to different control surfaces. So you select one device with one controller (say Push), lock that controller to that device, select the other device and lock the other controller (your Launch control xl for instance) to the other device. That is the only way right now how you can work with more than one controller, and I wished Ableton had changed that YESTERDAY! :x

The lock to device functionality can be accessed thru clyphx. If you used a User Remote script for the Launch control, you could also do it via that, but for Push you have to go the clyphx route. (unless doing it with the mouse is an option for you, then you can do it with the mouse by right clicking on the titel bar of the device)