Soloing indivdual chains within a rack

Discuss Push with other users.
NoSonic822

Soloing indivdual chains within a rack

Post by NoSonic822 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:36 am

Soloing indivdual chains within a rack, lets say i have 3 operators in a rack, can i solo one of them from push?

tedlogan

Re: Soloing indivdual chains within a rack

Post by tedlogan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Inversoundzzz wrote:Soloing indivdual chains within a rack, lets say i have 3 operators in a rack, can i solo one of them from push?
The only way I know of is the following - a very simple solution:

I've set up a blank 4-channel instrument rack as a preset. So you've got an empty macro master group with 4 chains within it. Now map each chain's volume to the first 4 macros. Now you can easily dive into the group, load any instrument you like into each chain from Push, and then dive out to control the balance/volume amongst them. I've also mapped each chain's Pan to macros 5 - 8.

You can now load this preset whenever you wanna experiment with grouped instruments. I haven't actually used this in ages - thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: so not technically soloing any one channel, but controlling the volume of each should suffice.

markwphoto

Post by markwphoto » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:22 am

Actually you can mute devices within Racks directly from Push. No need to setup a template unless you want.

For example:

Create an instrument rack

Insert 3 Operators or other devices in the instrument Rack.
Press the In Key on Push
Your 3 devices should show up at the bottom left of the display. Press the corresponding lit Leds under the device you want to mute.
Press the In key again. Now that device will show on the bottom left of the Push display by itself. The LED button under the display shows the device is selected but if the press the led button directly under that one (should be lit yellow) that will turn off the device.

Press the out a few times and there you go! Pretty much the same way you mute/change effects is the same way you select/mute Instruments in Racks.

Cheers.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:04 am

thats a great idea ! I like being able to quickly solo one when Im working on creating different textures of sound..
tedlogan wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:Soloing indivdual chains within a rack, lets say i have 3 operators in a rack, can i solo one of them from push?
The only way I know of is the following - a very simple solution:

I've set up a blank 4-channel instrument rack as a preset. So you've got an empty macro master group with 4 chains within it. Now map each chain's volume to the first 4 macros. Now you can easily dive into the group, load any instrument you like into each chain from Push, and then dive out to control the balance/volume amongst them. I've also mapped each chain's Pan to macros 5 - 8.

You can now load this preset whenever you wanna experiment with grouped instruments. I haven't actually used this in ages - thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: so not technically soloing any one channel, but controlling the volume of each should suffice.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:13 am

excellent!..that works. you cant see that it's turned off once you dive out of it...but once you start playing you see theres no sound coming from it. works thanks.
markwphoto wrote:Actually you can mute devices within Racks directly from Push. No need to setup a template unless you want.

For example:

Create an instrument rack

Insert 3 Operators or other devices in the instrument Rack.
Press the In Key on Push
Your 3 devices should show up at the bottom left of the display. Press the corresponding lit Leds under the device you want to mute.
Press the In key again. Now that device will show on the bottom left of the Push display by itself. The LED button under the display shows the device is selected but if the press the led button directly under that one (should be lit yellow) that will turn off the device.

Press the out a few times and there you go! Pretty much the same way you mute/change effects is the same way you select/mute Instruments in Racks.

Cheers.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Ah of course, just diving down another level and turning off the device...didn't think of that.

I still prefer having a rack template with blank chains in it though. This means you can load it from Push and then fill it with instruments of your choice, plus the ability the mix your channels together via the volume knobs as a painter would mix colours, all from the top level macro.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:53 am

tedlogan wrote:Ah of course, just diving down another level and turning off the device...didn't think of that.

I still prefer having a rack template with blank chains in it though. This means you can load it from Push and then fill it with instruments of your choice, plus the ability the mix your channels together via the volume knobs as a painter would mix colours, all from the top level macro.
yea i like your way too, it's just easier doing the turning off thing for my existing racks, i'm going to try your way also

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:17 am

Does this work on Push 2?

I can mute, but I cannot Solo individual instruments in a rack.