AudioModder Ableton Push

Discuss Push with other users.
DEEMUSIC

AudioModder Ableton Push

Post by DEEMUSIC » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:19 am

Are there any Ableton user using this, How is it does it do what it says it does. How does it work with window 8 and is it worth. I was thinking about sell my push to get NI Kontrol 49 but if this works like it says and can control Komplete and Maschine all in PUSH I don't need Kontrol.

thegoodsirjames

Re: AudioModder Ableton Push

Post by thegoodsirjames » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:57 am

Hey, yeah I bought this and it works. I was getting really annoyed trying to integrate Maschine with Ableton. The Audiomodder basically allows you to ditch Maschine (if you want to) and use Push instead to control Komplete. It works mainly by creating Ableton racks for the various (thousands) of presets. I haven't used Maschine since and I no longer trawl forums trying to work out why Maschine isn't working properly with Ableton.
I bought Audiomodder, then the kits at Crafted Sound (for Arturia, Sylenth, DIVA etc) then got the Omnisphere and Trillian ones from Freelance soundlabs. They are all pretty much the same concept. By the way, in all cases you could make the racks yourself - but it would probably take months.

Queglay is the poster on this forum responsible for Audiomodder. Stevieoswald does crafted sound. Jestermcgee does freelance soundlabs.

PS I use them on a mac but i am sure all of them work with windows - you are just buying ableton racks after all.

ImNotDedYet

Post by ImNotDedYet » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Yes, I use it. It's great stuff! It's so nice to have Komplete integrated now into Push. It requires a lot of copying stuff over to new folders, and I'm assuming it uses some MIDI mapping files to get everything mapped. I use it on Windows 7 no issues, can't speak to Windows 8.

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks I think I'll give them a go. One more question are there any issue when you update Ableton & PUSH

thegoodsirjames

Post by thegoodsirjames » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:03 pm

No issues for me so far - none that I've noticed anyway :)

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Thanks a lot brought it this morning will install tonight, I will still end up with kontrol I need a bigger keyboard, if there anymore product that make PUSH more fun to use Please let me know mines was collecting dust and had not used it for months.

login

Post by login » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:52 pm

DEEMUSIC wrote:Thanks a lot brought it this morning will install tonight, I will still end up with kontrol I need a bigger keyboard, if there anymore product that make PUSH more fun to use Please let me know mines was collecting dust and had not used it for months.

Do you already have PXTlive by nativekontrol.com ?

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:11 am

No like I said I have not used PUSH for about 6 months and I do most of my Midi work with a MPK 25 that's why I was thinking of selling it to get Kontrol 49. I'm going through a creative slump and I know buying gear doesn't help but I'll check it out and Thanks Again

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:00 am

I recently racked up my Aeon libraries to make it possible to browse them from push. Apart from the amount of time it took it was a real inspiring session that spawned some cool track ideas. Sometimes you just gotta put in the work right? I like to really twist presets by combining,hocketting etc and then rerecording. Push and live is perfect in this regard and with pxt it becomes dreamy due to the level of control it allows over arrangement mode and the ease of resampling tracks. There has been a recent audio modder update but I haven't bothered with that but if komplete 10 is compelling enough I will be looking for audio modder to get on the case.
I'm sure you'll find a way out of the creative hole and hopefully it won't cost u too much! ;-)