Playing Push's Pads creating Tremolo?

Discuss Push with other users.
Mikhailmusic

Playing Push's Pads creating Tremolo?

Post by Mikhailmusic » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:51 pm

For example, I have Trillian opened while I'm in note mode. I switch from playing my MIDI keyboard and Push. The odd thing here is that when I play on Push it sounds like there a strong tremolo on every pad I hit and when I switch back to my MIDI keyboard, it sounds normal.

Any Ideas?

tedlogan

Re: Playing Push's Pads creating Tremolo?

Post by tedlogan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:49 pm

It sounds like your MIDI keyboard has no aftertouch like Push, and that the patch is setup to control vibrato/tremolo with aftertouch. Hence you don't have the effect when playing on your keyboard.

Just a guess though - it could be something completely different.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:55 am

It's push/trilian. PITA.

Do you have m4l?

Mikhailmusic

Post by Mikhailmusic » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:34 am

eyeknow - Yeah I have Max 4 Live. Copped Ableton Live Suite w/ Push about a month ago. When I played Trillian Bass Patch on Push each pad bent the note in a "trill" or "vibrato" like fashion while when I play on my Nord the Bass Patch sounds completely normal with no note bending. What's PITA?

tedlogan - Is it confirmed you can control vibrato/tremolo with aftertouch? I've tried pressing and rubbing the pads to get a vibrato/tremolo like sound (ex. Massive) but no luck, aftertouch only seems to affect volume dynamics.

I;m using a Nord Lead 4 as my MIDI keyboard. when I mess with the mod wheel, I can get the vibrato effect going but only with certain patches.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:43 am

With aftertouch, it entirely depends what the instrument/patch you're playing is set up like. You choose what aftertouch will control, whether it be vibrato, filter cutoff, pitch - any allowed available parameter in whichever VST/native Live instrument you're working with.

I have never used Trillian before, but I guess it probably does have options for choosing which parameters aftertouch will affect.

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:54 am

tedlogan wrote:I have never used Trillian before, but I guess it probably does have options for choosing which parameters aftertouch will affect.
I'm absolutely sure Tedlogan is right.
Just have a look at this synth parameters and you'll find.

Mikhailmusic

Post by Mikhailmusic » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Seems logical...will take a look! Thanks guys!

ansolas

Post by ansolas » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:22 am

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 pm

There is also putility

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/1854/putility

Though I'm sure it's not as cool, stops the vibrato anyways.

PITA = pain in the ass :)

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
tedlogan wrote:I have never used Trillian before, but I guess it probably does have options for choosing which parameters aftertouch will affect.
So did this ever get resolved? Is it a parameter setting (after touch) inside Trillian. I just purchased this yesterday and ran into the same issue. I haven't had time to really dig into it yet. Still a lot of areas where my working knowledge of VSTs needs to grow. Thanks.

login

Post by login » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:15 pm

bodhi71 wrote:
Valiumdupeuple wrote:
So did this ever get resolved? Is it a parameter setting (after touch) inside Trillian. I just purchased this yesterday and ran into the same issue. I haven't had time to really dig into it yet. Still a lot of areas where my working knowledge of VSTs needs to grow. Thanks.

The "problem" is Push triggers Aftertouch easily so you get to notice more what aftertouch affects in any given patch/synth.

In the new Live beta 9.2 you can set the threshold for aftertouch so it's not triggered as easily and you can control it better.

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Thanks login,
I look for a way to adjust the after touch through Push, didn't find anything, didn't try the Beta yet. You probably saved me a lot of futile effort. TY