PUSH FORUM NOW CLOSED

Discuss Push with other users.
Asymmetricalmusic

PUSH FORUM NOW CLOSED

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:18 am

Ableton would like to sincerely thank all the owners of the Ableton Push but due to circumstances Ableton will no longer but be supporting this product.

so long and thanks for all the fish

tedlogan

Re: PUSH FORUM NOW CLOSED

Post by tedlogan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:21 am

They have been quiet for a while now, yes. They just can't disclose anything atm:

from the Beta forums:
#11sih (Ableton Staff, Crashologists, Public Beta Testers) 2 Days ago
heya guys! Just wanted to chime in quickly here...

As you know, I can’t say anything about what’s planned but Push has not been abandoned, we’re still working on it!

We really appreciate all the great suggestions we get here. Keep up the good work and use the Suggestions page to bump up the features you want the most.

Thanks!
Last edited by tedlogan on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samsteeno

Post by samsteeno » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:29 pm

Noo
Please let this be a bad joke.

Mek me sad :cry:
The Finn wrote:Believe you me, after the coming apocalypse, when we are all reduced to huddling around little fires in the smoking ruins, your Ableton Push is not going to make any sounds.
https://soundcloud.com/sam-steensen

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:44 pm

Of course it's a bad joke, lots of good stuff coming for Push soon :)

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Push Mk2........

its gonna have jog wheels!!!!

you'll need M4L to use them but that's cool Ableton makes more money this way...........

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:37 pm

They're making money? A business???

WEIRD.

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

Seriously though, they are working on enhancements, they just won't tell us anything as per usual, for various reasons.

I'm patient, and for the time being, Push is lots of joy. So there.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:37 pm

Always buy things with the expectations of it as it is or you will surely meet disappointment.

They can really only add so much before they somewhat destroy the elegance of it. The base concept. The whole idea is you plug it in and Live is already suited for it. No extra software necessary, no tricky features. You select a channel and either play pads, step sequence, control parameters, or change clip settings.

In session mode it launches clips.

It has a User mode.

It is pretty stable.

panten

Post by panten » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 am

Dearest Ableton, please please please give us an elegant sample recording/chopping workflow from Push mkI. Thanks

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 am

Dearest Ableton, please please please make Push mkI not interfer with other controllers anymore Thanks

samsteeno

Post by samsteeno » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:35 am

I know a lot of people have ideas for improving push, etc...
But I just want to say: Good job Ableton! Push is awesome, It does what it does perfectly, so smoothly and logically!
Push is an amazing tool. I think people who have ideas or complaints sometimes forget to mention that they love their Push even in the light of what they might have been recommending/mentioning, and I think people who really love Push forget to say anything at all because they're too busy playin on and enjoying Push :P

Good job Ableton, there are some things that Live and Push could Improve on; but otherwise, I don't think I could replace Live or Push as my main tools for creating music! :)
The Finn wrote:Believe you me, after the coming apocalypse, when we are all reduced to huddling around little fires in the smoking ruins, your Ableton Push is not going to make any sounds.
https://soundcloud.com/sam-steensen

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:50 am

No, I'm on board with the it's done and finished crowd. It's been so terribly neglected, and really doesn't seem like it's a deal.

Fuck, it's too bad too because I really liked the push/live combo but I expected it to evolve and lucky us.....it's not.

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:55 am

samsteeno wrote:I know a lot of people have ideas for improving push, etc...
But I just want to say: Good job Ableton! Push is awesome, It does what it does perfectly, so smoothly and logically!
Push is an amazing tool. I think people who have ideas or complaints sometimes forget to mention that they love their Push even in the light of what they might have been recommending/mentioning, and I think people who really love Push forget to say anything at all because they're too busy playin on and enjoying Push :P

Good job Ableton, there are some things that Live and Push could Improve on; but otherwise, I don't think I could replace Live or Push as my main tools for creating music! :)
yea people who complain about Push are the same ones who complain about their cellphones
http://vimeo.com/69662330

panten

Post by panten » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:47 am

Get out of here you Luddites :)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:20 am

No agree.

I've had push for a while now, and the updates are few and far between. It's not with a bit of pain that I announce this.

Oh wait.....it's like topics in the lounge! :lol: Mob rules?

Paying customer that wants more. Opposition be damned!

moscom_musik

Post by moscom_musik » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:39 am

To me, the problem with this is that Ableton brought something new to the table that was really exciting, took care of it for a while, and suddenly, for business reasons probably, decided to stop incremental updates to offer a huge one at some point in time. Although I can see how this seems like a good idea to them, I think that it is just disappointing to customers who have the feeling that they are left alone with an abandonned device. Maybe there is something to change here in Ableton's policy, forgetting about being radically innovative every time they provide an update (although that could be debatted too, especially when the integartion of hardware and software had been here before, see NI) to deliver regular incremental updates that would keep users happy and make it clear that they support their hardware.

I hope that we are not into the same Live9 waiting process. I do not want to see push and Live updated in 2-3 years from now... That would probably motivate a switch to another DAW (Bitwig, whatever...).
Macbook Pro Retina 2015, Live 9 Suite, Push, and a bunch of plug-ins I like :)