Push's greatest fall

Discuss Push with other users.
TomViolenz

Re: Push's greatest fall

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:23 am

Stromkraft wrote:
TomViolenz wrote: DrumRack mixer controls!
Important, yes. But it should be possible to map some controls, no? User area? I might look into this as I'm moving everything to Drum Racks.
:?
PXT has DrumRack mixer control. And yes, PXT works in the User mode. Was that your question?!

ansolas

Post by ansolas » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:08 am

Even Bitwig lets you remap the Ribbon Controller lol

Asymmetricalmusic

Post by Asymmetricalmusic » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:36 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Asymmetricalmusic wrote:Has anyone ever got the lock to control surface feature to work?

I've only ever tried with Push and it was a "FAIL"
Of course, and it works with Push too. What do you mean with it was a "Fail"?!

I'll try it again but It's never worked for me.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:41 pm

ash1 wrote:pxt live or pxt live plus for touch strip mod wheel
push is the best controller for live bar none
As great as native kontrol is right now and the pxt scripts (use pxt and plus) it makes me uncomfortable because this is not a partnership small changes from abes can break a script and if native kontrol is no longer around this isnt open source.

The abes decision to use akai enlist akai for quality build was imo the right decision but to leave software development to someone else? And yes they have left it. No marketing drive would last a year without some show n tell. As it is we get FSF highlighted on the push grid.any1 impressed? As far as push marketing its more than a little dishonest imo has there been any vids showing push actually used in production(not talking about jamming out with presets) not from abes there hasn't because it would show the back and forth between mouse and push which is currently unavoidable for some functions.

But then it is only a year.From personal experience ive seen companies like waldorf or yamaha years to update hardware roms at user request in most cases it came down to time and resources, but times have changed havent they? Doesn't it make sense that a software company should have the resources in place?

Lastly.Abes if your gonna drive customers towards proprietary control interface a new design iteration should not break the functionality of previous controllers. Put another way it shouldn't nullify my previous investment into ableton products. Akai have had the foresight to at least provide a means of linking controllers. (Yet another example of the third party leading the first).As it is push won't play nice with any other controller not even itself. Oh well rant over.

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Push seems to play nice with touchable for me
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /