How do you clean your Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
deejaysteveray

Re: How do you clean your Push?

Post by deejaysteveray » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:21 pm

I too have this issue where the finish is deteriorating and becoming sticky. I have had other products that used the same type of rubberized finish and after a few years it turns into a sticky mess. I guarantee you that Ableton/Akai will never fess up to using a sub par rubberized finish on the Push 1.

I guess we'll have to remove the front bezel and plasti-dip it and hope for the best? Anyone else have a solution for the sticky finish on the Push 1? It's maddening!

jimmynitcher

Post by jimmynitcher » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:58 am

Yep, mine is so horrible its unusable.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 am

Hi Guys

Look into 3:20 of this cleaning video, seems very effective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHgV2g691o8&t=296s

FrancoBlanko

Post by FrancoBlanko » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:08 am

For sticky rubber use some talcum powder (unscented is best unless you want your Push to smell like a baby's butt), rub in a small amount on the face, being careful not to get it down the gaps in the surface, maybe put some in a dish and use q-tips to apply it. Looks awful, but then after a minute or two wipe it down with a damp lint-free cloth. Sticky gone. I tried it, it works. Not sure how permanent is the fix. Definitely not sticky to touch any more.

FrancoBlanko

Post by FrancoBlanko » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:24 am

Oh, and make sure it's pure talc, not with added corn starch. The best is to check ingredients. It should say either just talc, or talc & parfum (scent).