Simple keyboard scale ???

Discuss Push with other users.
0lgarythm

Simple keyboard scale ???

Post by 0lgarythm » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi guys.

I'm diving deep into Push I bought few weeks ago.
I couldn't say that it revolutioned my workflow yet, but still it offers alternatives approachs to compose that I like very much.
Great Job !!

As I like a lot the steps sequencer and also the compact all-in-one solution Push provides, I wanted to do so to control melodic synths, and as I'm going through the different scales, I was able first to find the chromatic display but not a simple keyboard scale among all the other ones.
As a pianist player, playing on black&white scales that are different from keyboard is so confusing, and I can't play fast or by instinct without making lot of error.

I made some research and the only solution I found is to take a big breath and try some python stuff, and I was wondering before that if I was not missing something ??

Thanks in advance

yur2die4

Re: Simple keyboard scale ???

Post by yur2die4 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:44 am

Isn't the chromatic mode like a keyboard?

Describe what you mean by 'keyboard' mode?

0lgarythm

Post by 0lgarythm » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Omg, I guess I needed some rest...
Anyway I would still love have possibility to put white keys on a floor and black on a second floor but that would not be like a scale anymore and don't think it's possible

Thanks for answer

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:23 am

0lgarythm wrote:I was able first to find the chromatic display but not a simple keyboard scale among all the other ones.
As a pianist player, playing on black&white scales that are different from keyboard is so confusing, and I can't play fast or by instinct without making lot of error.
I'm guessing you are talking about this type of layout... I marked the video at the 6 minute 30 second mark just in case it doesn't link properly... the upper 4 rows represent a 25 key keyboard...
http://youtu.be/h7_lq6sjvaQ?t=6m30s

You will see a lot of people around here talk about PXT-Live and PXT-Live Plus... This is a clip from a user using 'Plus' (have to have the basic PXT first in order to upgrade to 'Plus'). There are 18 videos to walk you through all the features of the full package. There are so many modes and features you would probably never use them all... But everytime a user on here ask 'why can't PUSH do 'X'?... the answer will usually be buy PXT and Plus.

If you desire to learn Python then yes, you can absolutely do it on your own for free and get the benefit of the education. I would personally never use python for anything in my own life, I make $55/hr at work and this full script package (basic+Plus) cost me $19.50 + $16.50 (so $36) and that includes free updates whenever they come out... It's a no brainer for me. (I beta test a lot of the scripts over there at nativeKONTROL.com, and if you come up with good ideas that are possible he (Stray) adds them to the script (if they work with the flow of the script))

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:45 am

Here's another cool vid a PXT-Live Plus user made using the 'user' mode of Plus and the Pad Editor app (also available for free for PXT Plus users). It uses the harmonic scale colors with a different keyboard layout...
http://youtu.be/mVu-evM2Hr0

He did it copying this app...
http://youtu.be/OGOFBvRgHhw

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:59 am

Side note... One of the many many modes from PXT Plus that I really love is the Meters (Quick Mix) mode, where you can see the different track volume meters in real time on your PUSH and do a quick rough mix... and it has a built in Dimming feature to check your mix at lower levels.
http://youtu.be/zqDoPm8iDoY?t=4m15s