Push update coming?

Discuss Push with other users.
herrreinholt

Push update coming?

Post by herrreinholt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:59 pm

Over the last months i´ve seen some post on various website, where people hint an upcoming push update and they´re sying it´s going to be great. however, this was within the last couple of months and nothing happened yet.
so i wonder, is there somthing in the works, any insight anyone?

cheers

yur2die4

Re: Push update coming?

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:29 am

Those websites are full of shit.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 am

from the Beta site a little while ago:

"sih wrote:

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedback you're writing here (don't think we aint reading it!).

As I stated earlier in this thread, Push development has not been stopped. There is more coming. I can't give away anything specific but there will be new features (not just bugfixes).

Cheers!"

All I wanted to hear, not specifics needed, just that something is happening apart from minor bugfixes.

Splendid.

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Not sure if I should say this or not but.... Stray (AKA: nativeKONTROL.com... AKA: PXT Live creator as well as all the other High-End Scripts and apps) signed on with Ableton a few months ago. Before anybody gets too happy, when I asked him about the deal he said he is mostly just coding and that Abes are deciding what the scripts will do... I can't tell if he was just being modest and down-playing it or not, But Abes already Know what kind of next level scripting nativeKONTROL is all about... So if they wanted him on the team, I thing big things are about to happen in the world of controllerism for 2015.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Willyum wrote:Not sure if I should say this or not but.... Stray (AKA: nativeKONTROL.com... AKA: PXT Live creator as well as all the other High-End Scripts and apps) signed on with Ableton a few months ago. Before anybody gets too happy, when I asked him about the deal he said he is mostly just coding and that Abes are deciding what the scripts will do... I can't tell if he was just being modest and down-playing it or not, But Abes already Know what kind of next level scripting nativeKONTROL is all about... So if they wanted him on the team, I thing big things are about to happen in the world of controllerism for 2015.
If thatis true - awesome!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:33 am

Will he still be doing his own work for Native Kontrol?

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:36 am

yeah, nativeKontrol is his baby, he is still doing new projects and taking feature request as normal. Sounds like he's in the 'paying-dues' phase at Ableton... Any hopes and wishes I made in the comment above is strictly MY hopes and wishes (although they are based on logic..)

Timbeaux

Post by Timbeaux » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:31 am

whoop whoop, really nice.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:34 am

Stray on board internaly?! 8O

Maybe not all hope is lost yet for Push 8)

But they really need to hurry up, my patience is wearing thin and they better not just make PXT that new script either. I already own that!

Greeny1321

Post by Greeny1321 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:13 am

See Tom I told you it would make you smile :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:56 pm

we'll see.... Ableton got till the end of February (then the Electribe Sampler gets released) to convince me that it will not be Push, but something else, that will land on Ebay in order to finance that purchase.

dna598

Post by dna598 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:13 am

I really hope this is true. While my brand new Push takes pride of place, I am finding myself having to work (or not) around some glaring limitations/ommisions.
ctrl + left/right = select transient

ctrl + shift + left/right = select between transients

ctrl + space = play selection

jj0b

Post by jj0b » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:06 am

dna598 wrote:I really hope this is true. While my brand new Push takes pride of place, I am finding myself having to work (or not) around some glaring limitations/ommisions.
Agreed. There is a lot to love about Push, but I find there is so much I still have to do on my computer that could (should!) be handled on the hardware. In particular I find browsing for sounds to be painful compared to for example doing the same on the Maschine, and I also find that for a device that really wants you to use Drum Racks, that the support for those on the hardware is lacking. I want to be able to effortlessly browse and load sounds onto my drum rack pads AND super important to me, be able to easil control the individual volume of each pad's channel, as well as sends for each of those. If they could streamline that I think I'd love my Push so much more.
http://www.musicalgeometry.com
Live 8.2.6
MBP OSX 10.7.2
2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
RME Fireface UFX

rasaban

Post by rasaban » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:31 pm

TomViolenz wrote:Stray on board internaly?! 8O

Maybe not all hope is lost yet for Push 8)

But they really need to hurry up, my patience is wearing thin and they better not just make PXT that new script either. I already own that!
Stray is the man
PXT-General , PXT ,PXT plus
Ryzen 5 20g mem 500g sata ssd 500g nvme ssd Push 2
I7 Win 10 laptop,16g mem, 500g SSD, Live Suite 10.0.1 ,U-he Ace,Hive Zebra,SynthMaster Synthmaster One, AVP Avenger
Most of the Sonic Faction: Tricky Traps,Polytek,Dope Matrix etc.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 am

It's about time, if this is true. I really love his scripts, but I haven't been using PXT too much, as it hasn't integrated as well with Push's regular function as it easily could if it were allowed. If Stray is truly on board, I assume this will result in seamless integration, meaning that scale selection etc. is two-way.

And congratulations to Stray, too; it must be nice to finally get this kind of recognition for all his brilliant work.