Launchpad projects on a Push?

Discuss Push with other users.
Halo Gravity

Launchpad projects on a Push?

Post by Halo Gravity » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:25 am

Ok, so there's a lot of emulator scripts to make a launchpad function somewhat like a Push, but I am having a hard time getting these type of projects for launchpad to function properly on a Push. Is it possible? I have gotten as far as having the user mode generate sort of light shows but not trigger clips, am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to configure a push to properly run these projects or do I have to just purchase a launchpad? I hav PXT Live and Live Plus as well... maybe I need to incorporate a script like that?

These are the types of projects I mean, there are MANY online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_N_znAuOTo

I want to be able to perform projects like this on my Push. I feel like all the components are there... I havn't had a Push long, so I apologize if this is something silly I am missing, but when I set up the midi configuration to mimic the instructions the projects come with it just never works. Thanks in advance for your help.

CoreyJayzMusic

Re: Launchpad projects on a Push?

Post by CoreyJayzMusic » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Halo Gravity wrote:Ok, so there's a lot of emulator scripts to make a launchpad function somewhat like a Push, but I am having a hard time getting these type of projects for launchpad to function properly on a Push. Is it possible? I have gotten as far as having the user mode generate sort of light shows but not trigger clips, am I doing something wrong? Is it possible to configure a push to properly run these projects or do I have to just purchase a launchpad? I hav PXT Live and Live Plus as well... maybe I need to incorporate a script like that?

These are the types of projects I mean, there are MANY online:

I want to be able to perform projects like this on my Push. I feel like all the components are there... I havn't had a Push long, so I apologize if this is something silly I am missing, but when I set up the midi configuration to mimic the instructions the projects come with it just never works. Thanks in advance for your help.

i don't really get the question, what exalcty are you trying todo, in simple terms?
Ableton Suite 9.1, Komplette 9, Push, Novation LaunchKey49, Korg PadKontrol.

Halo Gravity

Post by Halo Gravity » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:53 pm

So if you watch the youtube performance, I would like to load up the project file that is provided, and play it with a push with all the lights intact and all that. Is this possible, or do I nneed a launchpad? This, or any of the million other launchpad project files provided if you search "launchpad performance project" on youtube, and eventually create my own.

Halo Gravity

Post by Halo Gravity » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:55 pm

In simplest terms I want to do what is done in this video on my Push.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Probably need a launchpad.

I don't know if anyone has made any go-between devices that'll translate launchpad stuff to Push.

Even in User Mode, I'm pretty sure that the Push pads all use different note numbers and different settings for recalling their colors than the LP uses.

Halo Gravity

Post by Halo Gravity » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:21 pm

I was starting to figure that out from playing around with the settings, but I just wanted some confirmation. Does anyone know of any lightshow type stuff for the push?

CoreyJayzMusic

Post by CoreyJayzMusic » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Halo Gravity wrote:I was starting to figure that out from playing around with the settings, but I just wanted some confirmation. Does anyone know of any lightshow type stuff for the push?

not that im aware of, no.

i really don't know much about programming stuff like that but im 99% sure its just programmed for the LaunchPad.

like for instance i have a ACP40 Step sequencer in max for live, and im pretty sure it won't work for push (not that you'd need that) but just saying for example, its programmed to that hardware.
Ableton Suite 9.1, Komplette 9, Push, Novation LaunchKey49, Korg PadKontrol.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Actually, to make things more confusing, I think that it also depends which Mode of the launchpad those sets are designed for.

If I'm not mkstaken, a lot of people perform those in the Drum Rack mode of the Launchpad. That is drastically different for instance from the default note numbers on the LP, which are also different probably from the pads on Push in User Mode.

I would have suggested some elaborate rack which transposes a bunch of stuff, but it'd be twice as difficult if you're dealing with the Drum Rack layout because it goes vertically in rows of four buttons, then starts at the bottom again...sheesh.

Halo Gravity

Post by Halo Gravity » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am

Ha ha ha... ok well, thanks for the input guys. I'll just be ordering a launchpad in a couple days.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:03 pm

There are three kinds of launchpads :)

The S and S mini install easier, have brighter lights, and have a faster refresh time or something. Plus they can work with iPads.

Halo Gravity

Post by Halo Gravity » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm

I wasn't aware they still had the older one. I was going with the S. :D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:06 pm

Launchpad Pro is coming out sometime.

Halo Gravity

Post by Halo Gravity » Thu May 14, 2015 9:48 am

In case anyone else was wondering, there is a midi script on DJ Tech Tools that seems to do what I was asking if Push does natively (though I havn't tested it yet). Just FYI for anyone looking for launchpad functionality: https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/3413

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Thu May 14, 2015 10:30 am

Hi Halo,

The key difference between the LaunchPad and Push is the Aftertouch, as such you'll find that most LaunchPad projects will grind to a halt as Live is flooded with Aftertouch inforation that the project wasn't designed to receive...

The LaunchPad PRO has the benefit that Aftertouch can be switched off on the fly directly from the unit...

Cheers
D

Halo Gravity

Post by Halo Gravity » Thu May 14, 2015 11:02 am

Thank you for that info, but this script seems to circumvent that and allow launchpad projects to be played from push. At least thats the claim.