Deleted topic.

Discuss Push with other users.
GridLights

Deleted topic.

Post by GridLights » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:31 pm

Deleted post.
Last edited by GridLights on Thu May 28, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stromkraft

Re: About playing Push as an instrument. Please listen Ableton.

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:09 am

Make sure you post this in "Feature Wishlist" where Ableton staff are more sure to read it.
Make some music!

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:05 pm

They better do it soon before im Selling this newbought product, also the lack of using 3part, vst is a big problem,i hate to spent time making 1000000 millions of vst preset rack, or spent time knowing midi cc settings, max for live etc. The product, as Nice as it is, should be able to do all this, its solid, Can do alot, not cheap , so let gets an upgrade now, or people would start buying the cheaper and alot more flexible launchpad Pro.
But as you Can not using it as an instrument with such Nice akai pads, crossover hands and so on, the cromatic problem, seems weird .

ash1

Post by ash1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:22 am

i think push is the best ableton controller on the market as nice as novation pro is its not even close to push
why would you sell a push and downgrade to novation pro seems pretty crazy to me but hey knock yourself out the push for me is a joy to work with

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:53 pm

i love my push, dont take me wrong, and im quite sure its a software problem, programming stuff, so im hoping there will be some nice firmware upgrade soon. indeed its a good product, super quality really, the Building case, the touch pods, the pads and so on everything is perfect, expt some annoying midi cc, or programming stuff problems, that proberly will be fixed. :wink:

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:23 pm

It's a nice note mapping on that launchpad, though.

GridLights

Post by GridLights » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:04 am

Deleted post.
Last edited by GridLights on Thu May 28, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperscientist

Post by hyperscientist » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Oh my god, GridLights, that video is amazing.

I'm a piano player (wannabe) and when I bought Push I thought I will be able to play some simple melodies with two hands. I've actually spend 2 long days trying to make adjustment and find some technique that would let me do that and failed miserably.

Again, that video with Launchpad is simply amazing - I will seriously consider selling my Push to replace it with that!

Unless I find a way...

edit: Then again, I did more research and saw what other people do with it (on YT) and it's clear that lots of things are possible. I tried to hard to play pieces that simply won't fit here by default, but maybe with some improvements, like OP is suggesting it would become way more powerful. Let's hope!

neyko

Post by neyko » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Would using a chromatic scale provide any bit of a solution for using it as a piano mode?

And Ash1, that is fantastic.
Live 8 Suite iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo 2GB RAM & Macbook - 4gig RAM - Snow Leopard OS X - 2.4 Ghz - Apogee Duet - M-Audio Oxygen 49 - M-Audio 88es - Akai APC 40, Focusrite Saffire Firewire

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:41 pm

I fucking hate the launchpad's note layout. It is not intuitive, chords jump from the top left to the bottom right so any melody line gets totally fucked, and there are no consistent chord patterns. Anyone playing the launchpad like an instrument (the video the OP posted included) is just playing a game of Simon on crack. They pencil in the notes and then follow the lights to memorize them and pretend like it's fun.

The best setup I've found BY FAR is two launchpads both running the Push chromatic mode. Feels like a piano, but with a totally shallow learning curve. Velocity sensitivity is the only thing that is missing, which will be solved (hopefully) by the launchpad pro.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:12 am

"The best setup I've found BY FAR is two launchpads both running the Push chromatic mode. Feels like a piano...."

how much will a lauchpad pro be 300-400 $

THINK IF YOU WANT A PIANO THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO HAVE ONE.

infernal.machine

Post by infernal.machine » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Tagor wrote:"The best setup I've found BY FAR is two launchpads both running the Push chromatic mode. Feels like a piano...."

how much will a lauchpad pro be 300-400 $

THINK IF YOU WANT A PIANO THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO HAVE ONE.
Yeah and Push is $600, a korg triton is $2000, and a Baldwin BP190 will cost you upwards of $40,000. Why the hell are you talking about price??

The benefit of a push/launchpad controller is that it can be set up more intuitively than a traditional keyboard. My point is that the default launchpad chromatic mode is less usable than the default push chromatic mode.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I think they're both very useable. My ONE complaint on the launchpad user 1 mode is that the right half's root note is offset by 4 or 8 semitones (forgot which), because of scales being 12 notes and it being chromatic.

It is good fun, it just takes a little wrapping your head around the intervals :). I also like using Maschine similarly.

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 pm

i think the benefits of a launchpad is that you can use 2 of them - for the twohanded playing.
for the price of a lauchpad pro you get more out of push - just my opinion.