Is there ever going to be official mod wheel solution?

Discuss Push with other users.
Red Alert UK

Is there ever going to be official mod wheel solution?

Post by Red Alert UK » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:15 pm

Just wondering if Ableton are ever likely to actually implement an official solution to the lack of mod wheel into Push?

I think if I had done my research properly beforehand, I would have gone for an APC or Launchpad and a nice weighted keyboard instead of Push. The promotional videos focused on Push controlling external hardware etc. so it seems rather silly to omit such an important control out of the controller. I have tried the various Max4Live devices that try and combat the issue but it's clunky and cumbersome - the whole selling point of the Push was complete integration…

Perhaps a shift-button combination to switch the pitch bend into a mod wheel would be great, or even having the first encoder automatically assigned to the mod wheel every time a MIDI channel is loaded? There must be a better way of sorting this issue out than relying on having to add third party devices into every channel, every time. I was really hoping Push would replace my keyboard but at the moment it's no more use than a Launchpad would be.

tedlogan

Re: Is there ever going to be official mod wheel solution?

Post by tedlogan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:27 pm

It is hard to believe that they have not implemented this vital functionality in any of the updates. I expect it sometime in the future, but this great wall of silence for over a year now (bar vague "we're sort of thinking about some suggestions maybe") is frustrating.

Something simple like:
hold down USER - toggle between Pitch/Modwheel for the touch strip.

At least TouchWheel by Valiumd is a good working touchstrip modwheel. Just save it in your default MIDI track.

molefonken

Post by molefonken » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:52 am

live 9.2b1 now supports this.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:45 am

Just saw the release notes - great stuff!

Red Alert UK

Post by Red Alert UK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:49 pm

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!