Push Update , live 9.2, is that it? After 2 years?

Discuss Push with other users.
TomViolenz

Re: Push Update , live 9.2, is that it? After 2 years?

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Willyum wrote: I would love for Ableton buy Strays scripts outright and make them all native instead of just using Stray as a code writer (which I think many people are forgetting... Abes did not buy-out nativeKONTROL, they just hired Stray as a 'code'er.... from how I understood it...)
I disagree and prefer that they hired Stray instead of just buying the existing scripts.

PXT is absolutely great, but there is no big benefit to having all that again in Abletons script.

I think Stray is not so much a talented coder (which he of course is) I think he is mostly a great concept guy. He has not only shown that with PXT, but also scripts for so many other controlers. I want Ableton to set him free to come up with new and different concepts AND (most importantly) support him in the other departments, so that the API gets written around these new concepts he comes up with. It has been sooooooo many times that feature wishlist items on Strays forums had to be turned down by Stray with the explanation: sorry not possible, the API doesn't allow it.

In my opinion they shouldn't only hire him as a coder, the should have made him head of the damn script writing department!

sonik777

Post by sonik777 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:43 am

How about Push being able to lock on to a track without something else pulling its focus away.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=213031

:|

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:41 am

ash1 wrote:stop all the complaining and just be happy we are getting any updates with push
were in the manual does it say we will develop and give you a life time of updates it doesnt
they could easily turn round and say thats your lot
all you people do is moan moan moan no matter what updates come
for goodness sake be more positive and dont forget about making music thats the bottom line there is more than enough with ableton and push to do that 8O
I was actually thinking the same. How do we give Ableton positive feedback and praise? Do we ever do that?

We send an endless stream of pointing out errors, with bug reports and support issues, as well as eternal nonconstructive whining (too often) in the forums. Maybe it's about time we start pointing out to each other why we are using Ableton Live.

Why did I drop Logic after a almost a decade? Because with Live, despite its shortcomings, I actually make music with it that I like. It's not my only tool, but it's a essential centerpiece in my studio.
Make some music!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:39 am

Stromkraft wrote: I was actually thinking the same. How do we give Ableton positive feedback and praise? Do we ever do that?
Well I for one have bought every update to the program since I got it at version 3. That, is about as high of a praise as any business can ask for!
Suite 9 with Push in the mail, expected arrival Tuesday. Confidence in the product is the sincerest form of flattery.

They have traveling seminars and Live user groups filled with people selling Live packs and talking the program up. They get more accolades than any other DAW I know of save maybe Logic and Pro Tools. For my part I at least try to make a sandwich out of my criticism: Praise them as a great DAW developer, point out flaws, then end with a comment about how I still love the program even though X Y or Z missing feature or bug annoys me. :)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:39 am

Machinesworking wrote:For my part I at least try to make a sandwich out of my criticism: Praise them as a great DAW developer, point out flaws, then end with a comment about how I still love the program even though X Y or Z missing feature or bug annoys me. :)
That's very good. Hopefully I do something similar. There's always this gap where you feel what Live could be but isn't and that can get you very frustrated. I just try to leave that feeling out of it and make an attempt to be as constructive as I can be.I certainly won't be a defeatist based on previous record. To me Live is the best platform there is and it's natural to have it evolve.

When it evolves to the better I think it's important to give Ableton kudos to what they do fix. Automation Delay Compensation was the best thing they could address IMHO. Here's for hope for an even more useful Push in the near future!
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:42 am

login wrote:My biggest request for Push is control over the Drum rack mixer (volume, sends). I found quite strange nobody misses this, nobody mixes their drums anymore?
The reason I don't miss this is because I extract my chains to be full tracks while still being controlled from pads. I'm still having exactly the same options as when contained in the rack channel, except that the audio doesn't go there so I use a specific drum buss.
I still think Push control over drum rack channels is a good idea.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:43 am

TomViolenz wrote:
In my opinion they shouldn't only hire him as a coder, the should have made him head of the damn script writing department!
If he'd be comfortable as that, why not?
Make some music!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am

Stromkraft wrote:
ash1 wrote:stop all the complaining and just be happy we are getting any updates with push
were in the manual does it say we will develop and give you a life time of updates it doesnt
they could easily turn round and say thats your lot
all you people do is moan moan moan no matter what updates come
for goodness sake be more positive and dont forget about making music thats the bottom line there is more than enough with ableton and push to do that 8O
I was actually thinking the same. How do we give Ableton positive feedback and praise? Do we ever do that?
It's called a credit card bill ;-)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:00 am

Stromkraft wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
If he'd be comfortable as that, why not?
Yes, that was what I wish they would have done (offering the head of department instead of coder).
None of that presupposes that he has to take the job offer of course.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:35 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
Stromkraft wrote: I was actually thinking the same. How do we give Ableton positive feedback and praise? Do we ever do that?
And you think that money is all that counts for Ableton as a company and its employees? I think the latter are humans just like their users and appreciate positive feedback too. Can't hurt.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:54 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
And you think that money is all that counts for (*) a company and its employees? I think the latter are humans just like their users and appreciate positive feedback too. Can't hurt.
A.) yes. It's called capitalism, nothing else matters

B.) when was the last thank you note you wrote to your electricity supplier for reliably transmitting power to you? Your local supermarket chain for having fresh produce?!

Or put differently: has your employer opened up the posibility for anyone to thank you for your hard work?!

I assume he didn't. Because of A.)

Or to put it yet differently: The things we complain about? Why were they not implemented?!
Answer: they would cost more money to implement than Ableton expects to make back from more sales.

That's why we have "create melody from audio" (Really, who uses that?! Apparently many.. :? ) instead for instance a native LFO or a Midi editor for Push. The former was expected to bring new customers the latter not.

I don't like it either, but that's just how things are :(

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:45 pm

TomViolenz wrote:
A.) yes. It's called capitalism, nothing else matters

B.) when was the last thank you note you wrote to your electricity supplier for reliably transmitting power to you? Your local supermarket chain for having fresh produce?!

I don't like it either, but that's just how things are :(
Listen, we don't shop in the same places, OK? It's not only like that. You're missing a big part of the network economy.

You're mixing up the general situation with the personal. So this is is a sidetrack of yours. We're all working in companies, some of us in our own. When you make money, it's still not only about making more money. It's about creating value, not only for yourself but for your clients and those that can become your clients.

If you focus only on money you will not make any money as the users will abandon such a company. There has to be value. In the end the creation has to pay for itself and give monetary returns. No-one is disputing that. It's silly to imply that I did.
Make some music!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:43 am

well, don't mind me then.
Maybe I'm just bitter that Ableton lately seems to work under this philosophy. At least that's how it looks from where I stand.

dillo

Post by dillo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:31 am

These are definitely the biggest priorities for me. +1000

What are the centercode links, just goes to a login screen?
tedlogan wrote:
VST configuration

SUG-1013 https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 85BD433562

Moving/copying clips on Push

SUG-1028 includes all of the above. Not sure why anyone would NOT want any of this. https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 85BD433562 link prob won't work

Push note Sequencer Improvements

Would like to:

Use push arrow keys to scroll up/down, as the touch strip can be too sensitive.
Hear the notes as I enter them - it’s annoying to guess sometimes and delete/replace notes. Perhaps SELECT+pad will play the note as you enter them, or vice versa, or have the behaviour set when holding down USER.
Transpose a sequence up/down by octave amounts. You can currently simply use the Pitch MIDI effect, but would still be slightly more convenient.
Nudge/move all notes to the left/right/up/down with an encoder.

FOLD (exactly the same as in MIDI clips - seeing only the notes being used - suggested by electroandy)

SUG-1029 https://ableton.centercode.com/project/ ... 85BD433562

Lovelights

Post by Lovelights » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Its not about moaning and whinning, being negative and so on. Its about time with a Real firmware Update, Push is not a midi controller, who needs a single script Update. Its a brilliant machine, not cheap, with alot of potentials, as we have seen with all your programming guys have done allready, the great max stuff, but its deffently not stable with all this homemade programming and max stuff for push, but again it need a firmware Update, and i cant see why it cant be done.