Push Update , live 9.2, is that it? After 2 years?

Discuss Push with other users.
tedlogan

Re: Push Update , live 9.2, is that it? After 2 years?

Post by tedlogan » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:00 pm

dillo wrote:These are definitely the biggest priorities for me. +1000

What are the centercode links, just goes to a login screen?

Those link to the Ableton Beta site, where you can download the latest Beta, participate in the less-than-bustling forums, and post suggestions which people can vote for.

Centercode seems to be down at the moment (for me at least), but once you create an account you can vote for those. If the links don't work after creating an account, you can search for them by their suggestion number: SUG-1013; SUG-1028; SUG-1029 etc.

panten

Post by panten » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:22 am

The stagnation of development for Push over the last couple of years is somewhat disappointing Yes.

On a positive note; they hired Stray. Hopefully we will see the excellent PXT-Live in vanilla Push and that he will pester them to open up the API and give far more comprehensive control over Live. The future looks bright I'd say. If he can somehow get a direct Sample Chopping workflow from Push (even if it's hard-coded in) I'd be extremely happy.

On a negative note; we have lost Stray to the behemoth. (Possibly) gone are the days of having a dialogue with him over his ideas. Having worked with him, beta testing PXT-Live in it's early days, squashing bugs and offering suggestions, I have nothing but good things to say about the guy. He would always listen to opinions and take on board any constructive criticism. It's my fear that communication with him will dry up and beta testers will become merely 'bug reporters'.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:45 am

It was disappointing to me until 9.2. I think I'm a minority in this, but the improved aftertouch response + modwheel has completely changed my enthusiasm for using it, and is a big deal to me. I'm mainly a guitarist (less so by the day), so this expressive boost is most welcome. I absolutely love how pressure now plays with the chosen assigned parameters. Bazille and Hive in my case. Just lovely.

I'd rather have Stray lost to the behemoth and improving the core than keeping up to date with 3rd party scripts.

All I would like now is proper VST parameter/bank renaming and a few other fairly unimportant things.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:31 pm

tedlogan wrote:It was disappointing to me until 9.2. I think I'm a minority in this, but the improved aftertouch response + modwheel has completely changed my enthusiasm for using it, and is a big deal to me.
I'm with you on this one, Ted. Everything is going in the right direction. Ableton can't rest, but I also happen to agree with the notion that stability and fixing central issues should be put before any new features.
Make some music!