How to use Modwheel function on PUSH with 9.2

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
Domokun

How to use Modwheel function on PUSH with 9.2

Post by Domokun » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 pm

With the 9.2 upgrade allowing for the touch strip to be used as a mod wheel, can someone tell me how to activate it (instead of the default pitch bend). Thank you!

wir3frame

Re: How to use Modwheel function on PUSH with 9.2

Post by wir3frame » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:29 pm

So assigning the touch strip as a mod wheel works fine for VSTs with MIDI learning, but I can't figure out how to assign it to something in Live's interface (using MIDI mapping). Nothing in the interface seems to respond to it. I'm trying to use the touch strip as a mod wheel to control Analog's filter cutoff.

sharkytowers

Post by sharkytowers » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:09 am

wir3frame wrote:So assigning the touch strip as a mod wheel works fine for VSTs with MIDI learning, but I can't figure out how to assign it to something in Live's interface (using MIDI mapping). Nothing in the interface seems to respond to it. I'm trying to use the touch strip as a mod wheel to control Analog's filter cutoff.
I'd love to know if someone has an answer to this. Is it not possible since Push2 is in it's own "mode" as opposed to being a generic MIDI contoller (i.e. "User Mode").

That is to say maybe this isn't possible? I'm trying to map the Push 2 Mod Wheel to a Analog device's Filter Resonance.

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:13 am

Nope, I never managed to do so, although I tried. Maybe someone chimes in with a M4L device which can do so, but as far as I know it cannot be done.....
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Air Hybrid 3 and Scaler.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:49 pm

sharkytowers wrote:
wir3frame wrote:So assigning the touch strip as a mod wheel works fine for VSTs with MIDI learning, but I can't figure out how to assign it to something in Live's interface (using MIDI mapping). Nothing in the interface seems to respond to it. I'm trying to use the touch strip as a mod wheel to control Analog's filter cutoff.
I'd love to know if someone has an answer to this. Is it not possible since Push2 is in it's own "mode" as opposed to being a generic MIDI contoller (i.e. "User Mode").

That is to say maybe this isn't possible? I'm trying to map the Push 2 Mod Wheel to a Analog device's Filter Resonance.
You can't do it directly because Analog has no modwheel to Reso implemented (you can only modulate this parameter with LFO, Envelope and Note).
Push's modwheel is not in "its own mode", it really sends midi cc 01. So if your midi instruments has no modwheel modulation option, you have to work around, e.g with maxforlive (have a look at the Expression Control device.)
Ableton Forum Moderator