Push out of stock @ Ableton

Discuss Push with other users.
Logic8807

Re: Push out of stock @ Ableton

Post by Logic8807 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:46 am

I wonder if anyone has checked trademark/copyright registry.
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.

igneous

Post by igneous » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:34 pm

I bought my first (used) Push in June, figuring a new one would come soon, but wanting to figure out the workflow and the architecture so I could rocket off from day one with the new one.

Yes, lots of frustrating limitations with the Push. Also pretty amazing instrument, glad I got it.

Serenade Grenade

Post by Serenade Grenade » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Angstrom wrote:
login wrote: Kind of agree, but your post seemed like pissing over people who bougth it.

Nevermind, I hope Ableton next product is something different and not a new version of Push, I would like a "keyboard version" or a controlling for mixing.
Nah, not pissing over them. Pretty much 95% of people who bought Push V1 seem to have really loved it even with the omissions and foibles. For those they have found ways around it, community mappings, decompiling the _Generic.py etc. For all of those people its been a worthwhile investment of time and money. Value is very much personally derived.

For me I'd not have felt that value. For me the value comes from having those people feel invested enough, in love enough to have beaten on Ableton's doors and windows while screaming "sort this out!"

I've done that myself with Ableton and it's not much fun repeating the same words to a wall. It's not fun at all. It makes a person doubt their time is being spent well.

But I am very grateful that people other than me took up the crusaders banner with this particular product.
Yeah much better to spend 3 years reading a forum for a product you don't own desperately waiting for some small improvements before you splash out a few hundred on a great tool. Glad you had the time to make a few thousand ranty forum posts instead of making music in these 3 years mate!

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:50 pm

I read the Ableton forum and when I press the button marked "new posts" I read whatever comes up from the whole site. I didn't even realise this was in the Push forum, I thought it was "general"

A quick search shows I've posted in this forum 13 times. Not critical dismissive posts. And certainly not ad hominem personal attacks like yours. This is my 14th post in this forum in 3 years.

search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=A ... mit=Search

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Serenade Grenade wrote:
Angstrom wrote:
login wrote: Kind of agree, but your post seemed like pissing over people who bougth it.

Nevermind, I hope Ableton next product is something different and not a new version of Push, I would like a "keyboard version" or a controlling for mixing.
Nah, not pissing over them. Pretty much 95% of people who bought Push V1 seem to have really loved it even with the omissions and foibles. For those they have found ways around it, community mappings, decompiling the _Generic.py etc. For all of those people its been a worthwhile investment of time and money. Value is very much personally derived.

For me I'd not have felt that value. For me the value comes from having those people feel invested enough, in love enough to have beaten on Ableton's doors and windows while screaming "sort this out!"

I've done that myself with Ableton and it's not much fun repeating the same words to a wall. It's not fun at all. It makes a person doubt their time is being spent well.

But I am very grateful that people other than me took up the crusaders banner with this particular product.
Yeah much better to spend 3 years reading a forum for a product you don't own desperately waiting for some small improvements before you splash out a few hundred on a great tool. Glad you had the time to make a few thousand ranty forum posts instead of making music in these 3 years mate!
Angstrom gave his opinion ans we are to discuss, so please keep it cool.
Thx
Julien
Ableton Forum Moderator

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Indeed, I much prefer to keep it on topic. Namely:

Will there be a Push 2 announced this weekend, or will it actually be a companion product announced?

What sort of additions might be made which would improve Push?
Considering Push is a controller will V2 necessitate a Live 10 announcement to address any concerns about falling behind with poly-aftertouch and note-per-channel, or will Push2 have some sort of standalone mode so that all that could be sidestepped for a few months?