Push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
BoddAH

Re: Push 2

Post by BoddAH » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:32 pm

MArc75_RLP wrote:You can purchase a oled display for 30bugs from every electronic dist, use google.
That hole scrap is a array of buttons and knobs and a display, i guess material costs max. 50-100€.
And compare a midi controller with a stand alone synth sampler, sorry no idea...
You're probably not paying for materials alone here. Although the quality of the materials of Push 1 and even more so Push 2 is impressive I hear.

You're paying for R&D (which Push obviously received a metric ton of) and for quality. The tolerance margins and overall build quality of Push is insane compared to other MIDI controller, the only thing coming even close are boutique controllers like the Linnstrument and those cost even more.

Even though it technically is. I don't consider Push to be "just another MIDI controller". It's twice as expensive as a comparable "standard" MIDI controller like the MPD or Launchpad series but it's also easily twice as qualitative. It's no different than buying a car or a watch costing alot more for technically the same thing.

The only true question is, is it worth it to you?

It definitely is. IMHO if you mainly make music on your computer Push is the last purchase you'll ever need. I'd much rather spend a couple hundred € for a controller that's incredibly well-made and thought-out, almost like a high-end musical instrument indeed, and specifically tailored for the software I use everyday, like a literal extension of it, than getting another boring analogue synth or hardware reverb unit but that's just me. :lol:

ark

Post by ark » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:34 pm

MArc75_RLP wrote:Sorry Guys,

personal opinion completely over priced midi controller with cool led display, like NI stuff. Buy an ipad pro use it with touchable3 or maybe soon 4 and Abletons link technology for synths and fx. Same price level more possibilities.
The thing about a controller with physical buttons is that you don't have to look at it all the time. Also, I'm guessing that even the iPad Pro with force touch won't be as musically expressive as the Push pads.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:46 pm

MArc75_RLP wrote:Maybe I am not correct but its a difference if a Boutique maker asking for part prices or company that want to sell 100k and more...
100 000 units is nothing!
You would still pay pretty much boutique prices.
Especially if you are the only one using this particular format.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm

ark wrote:
MArc75_RLP wrote:Sorry Guys,

personal opinion completely over priced midi controller with cool led display, like NI stuff. Buy an ipad pro use it with touchable3 or maybe soon 4 and Abletons link technology for synths and fx. Same price level more possibilities.
The thing about a controller with physical buttons is that you don't have to look at it all the time. Also, I'm guessing that even the iPad Pro with force touch won't be as musically expressive as the Push pads.
iPad Pro doesn't even have force touch.

MArc75_RLP

Post by MArc75_RLP » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:48 pm

Finally it's not worth for me, but please have fun with it until push3 will be released :wink:
A boring hardware synth will run in 25years as today, Ableton 9.5 for sure not :P

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:51 pm

I think they raised the price by 200€ because at the old price they would not have made any profit on the new ones.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:53 pm

MArc75_RLP wrote:Finally it's not worth for me, but please have fun with it until push3 will be released :wink:
A boring hardware synth will run in 25years as today, Ableton 9.5 for sure not :P
lol, could that possibly be because Live 27 will be out by that time with automatic mind reading of band members for collaborative gigs across continents in VR?

But have fun playing on your hardware synth then ;-)

MArc75_RLP

Post by MArc75_RLP » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:58 pm

@Tom you forgot to multiply 64pads x 100k, next time ask me to negotiate for you 8)
Beside that how many users has Live?

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:01 pm

MArc75_RLP wrote:Finally it's not worth for me, but please have fun with it until push3 will be released :wink:
Yeah I will have a lot of fun with it for probably 3 years or more with frequent firmware updates and new features before selling it for at least 50% of the price. :wink:

And actually Ableton 9.5 will probably still work in 25 years but I don't see why I would keep using it when Ableton 25 is so much cooler and allows me to make music with my mind using just my imagination! :mrgreen:

But have fun with your analog synth I guess. :roll: Unstable tuning and patch cables never go out of fashion right.

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:06 pm

MArc75_RLP wrote:@Tom you forgot to multiply 64pads x 100k, next time ask me to negotiate for you 8)
Beside that how many users has Live?
Show me any source Alibaba or not for AT capable pads below 1€ a piece at any volume.

Btw, Live sells about a million copies of Live per release (their numbers). I highly doubt more than about 30% will get Push.

Besides 100 000 was your number.

But look, you don't want Push 2, that's fine. I will not buy it either. That doesn't mean you have to make bull shit up, that is only based on having browsed Alibaba before and barely understanding what you saw.
There are people here, who have actually dealt with this shit before and made their own instruments, who look right through this. Don't make yourself look foolish, just because you want to justify your decision not to buy to yourself.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Buleriachk wrote:My Push 2 just departed Austin..... :)
My Push 2 arrived at Fort Worth, Tx this morning... :)

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:27 pm

...still no info on shipment here...50 hours and counting...ha...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

pinosvalle

Post by pinosvalle » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:46 pm

All you can do with Push 1, you can do with Push 2. Obvious.
What tasks can you do with Push 2, that are not accesible through Push 1?

Strictly speaking: sample editing.

The display is better, also pads are probable better made, ok. But striclty speaking, only sample-editing is the real difference between 1 and 2.

Does it cost 699€ or 489€ with the discount?
Does it make me sell Push 1 under-priced?

Come on...

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:57 pm

...the color coding is a huge update when you use push live!!!...also: you are not forced to sell push 1 "under-priced"...but if that's a way to let some young folks make music and be happy then i'm in!!!
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Buleriachk wrote:
Buleriachk wrote:My Push 2 just departed Austin..... :)
My Push 2 arrived at Fort Worth, Tx this morning... :)
My Push 2 just departed Fort Worth, Tx... :)
Last edited by Buleriachk on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.