Push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
login

Re: Push 2

Post by login » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Myabe those kids can get the Push1 being dropped on ebay these days?

Seriously, even if it's not avaiable at their home I am sure they will enjoy the experience, surely they would look toward saving for some controller but hey better than buying a cell phone or a vigame console (I like video games I just think that hobby has gotten very expensive lately, specially out of the PC) and other stufff kids wants this days,

I don't know how "poor" this kids are, but I suspect that if a family can afford a video game console in christmas it can afford a second hand Push, if I was the father my choice would be clear: intrument>video games.

(I play video games regularly but I don't think it's as fun, constructive and rewarding as making music).

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:49 pm

European users: The reason you have to wait is the price you have to pay for your role in the Wars of Reformation... :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of_religion

(I'm not sure about the red states in the U.S.)

Those elsewhere may have to wait even longer.... :)

IMO, YMMV....
Last edited by Buleriachk on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eleazar_13

Post by Eleazar_13 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:45 pm

I got mine from the store (Long & MacQuade in Canada).. after getting the email press release from Ableton that same morning I put some cash on the first one on order. Came in later that day! The pads are awesome now, even registering the lightest touch.

Working with 3rd party VST's is a pretty disingenuous claim by Ableton. That was what made me pull the trigger so fast. You can't browse pre-sets and even though that's probably not Ableton's fault the claim that it worked with 3rd party plugs had me fooled. Like it's already been said, if you have access to presets right off the bat it works but how many plugs operate that way? Works well for compressors and EQ's, not for getting new sounds onto the push. Oh well..

Overall it's a pretty nice upgrade but yes, expensive. The screen looks awesome and the overall feel of the unit is superb. It seems easier to navigate too which is handy since I get confused easily when I'm making my phat beats.

If you're interested in the trade in but haven't done it yet, you can do it through Long & MacQuade too, that way you don't have to wait for shipping. Gonna see if I can sell mine for $350 and if no body bites I'll send back to Ableton.

AJL79

Post by AJL79 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Got mine in today. Ordered Monday and arrived today. Shipped from Austin Texas. The company they are using for their shipment fulfillment is Whitley Plus. you will get an email from zoom@whitleyplus.com so make sure you don't have that blocked as spam. Best of luck to everyone! I will say the new box is pretty nice and sleek compared to the Push1.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:03 pm

My Push 2 is probably somewhere on the Mohave grade between Las Vegas and LA.

(This is a highway I became very familiar with a couple of years ago when I was returning to Santa Barbara from a visit to Austin, TX and had a personal encounter with a semi on my motorcycle about 20 miles from Barstow (as I remember). Only broke my arm, though. And, uh, my pride...

(I was trying to make it in one day, and it was the middle of summer, with fires in Utah, and... and...

Maybe my Push 2 will make it better than I did....

Dillinger63

Post by Dillinger63 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:39 am

spagbol wrote:Im happy to take part in the 'initiative'. I think its positive all round. I wish something like it had been available when i was at school, instead of a stuffy old religious teacher getting us to sing hymns along to a crappy out of tune piano.

I dont belive in charity, and I don't see this as a charitable action, i see it as a positive initiative.

Of course it makes great business sense, but the framework is there for this kind of thing to happen. More companies should do this kind of thing.

At the church I attended we sing modern choruses combined with hymns with a full praise band and a guy jamming on a Push 1.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:39 am

My Push 2 finally staggered into the City of Industry, CA (from Fort Worth).
A good sign for delivery tomorrow... :)

BoddAH

Post by BoddAH » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:06 pm

WOW I finally received it at work. I'm impressed by the build quality and overall look, even of the box it came in. I can't wait to try it out tonight. :)

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Buleriachk wrote:My Push 2 finally staggered into the City of Industry, CA (from Fort Worth).
A good sign for delivery tomorrow... :)
Mine made it to Ventura, CA this morning. A good sign for delivery today.
Update: Out on FedEx vehicle for delivery :)
Last edited by Buleriachk on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:33 pm

anyone experience unusual sky high cpu peaks, with Push 2 ?

yngwi

Post by yngwi » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi
not sure if it's of any interest to anybody, but I recieved my Push 2 ordered on Monday before noon today. I live in Vienna/Austria. Delivery etc. was pretty much the same as when I ordered the Push 1 (sadly only a few months ago): order, wait ~>48 hours for notification of the start of delivery and then delivery via UPS.

I have to say: awesome device, I like the pads much more than the ones on the Push 1. I only wish parameters and banks for VST plugins were *really* customizable. Especially now, that all the NI Komplete plugins have this neat ordered parameters for the Komplete Kontrol Keyboard. Problem is that they not always have 8 controls per bank so you can't just copy it in Live. I hope at some point they make this much more customizeable....

Cheers

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Dillinger63 wrote:
spagbol wrote:Im happy to take part in the 'initiative'. I think its positive all round. I wish something like it had been available when i was at school, instead of a stuffy old religious teacher getting us to sing hymns along to a crappy out of tune piano.

I dont belive in charity, and I don't see this as a charitable action, i see it as a positive initiative.

Of course it makes great business sense, but the framework is there for this kind of thing to happen. More companies should do this kind of thing.

At the church I attended we sing modern choruses combined with hymns with a full praise band and a guy jamming on a Push 1.
He should mix in some NWA!! Maybe play it backwards.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:10 am

Push 2 arrived. Push 2 is gorgeous. I'll be gone for awhile.. :)

Buhonero

Post by Buhonero » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:47 am

Just got a shipping info email. It will arrive on Tuesday,as Fallout 4 :o

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:13 am

Got my email this morning Push 2 here on Tuesday as well.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P