Push 2

Discuss Push with other users.
[art]

Re: Push 2

Post by [art] » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:15 am

One other suggestion...

Ableton could just make a folder called 'Live Sets' that goes in the broswer...

Hit Browse.. top of the list.. choose the set.

Bam.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:39 pm

My Ableton Push 2 video review:

https://youtu.be/YmpXjZrVq9c

molefonken

Post by molefonken » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Tarekith wrote:My Ableton Push 2 video review:

https://youtu.be/YmpXjZrVq9c
Great review man. I agree with the idea you had with tags for browsing audio files/samples. That would be a neat feature. I am also curious about future software/hardware updates for the Push 2. I guess since the display is more advanced now, it can display different kinds of information also? I mean, it has opened up for more possibilities, right? Do you think it can display equalizers for example just by update?

Personally, the Push 2 is everything I hoped the Push 1 was. It is also, in terms of sampling, how I thought an MPC worked before I actually saw the process. Chopping samples should be as intuitive and fun as it is on the Push 2.
Last edited by molefonken on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:26 pm

No idea, that's up to Ableton. :)

Harmonic Progression

Post by Harmonic Progression » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:56 am

I just got mine today.

It really IS thinner than Push 1. After I powered it up (but haven't had time to test it yet), I decided to box up the Push 1 and all of its parts, and prepare it for shipping back. I'll test the new one tonight or tomorrow.

I boxed the old one up immediately because I just know the power supply, plugs, and USB cable would grow legs if I didn't cage them immediately. And partly because I'm a terrible procrastinator if I don't take care of a task right away. So now all I have to do is stop by FedEx on Friday or Saturday.

By the way, the shipping company here in the US sure did make it EASY to do the return shipping of Push 1. You use the same external shipping box that the Push 2 arrived in, and it even came with packing materials in case you don't have the original Push 1 retail box. I never did throw mine away, which is a good thing because it's most secure to ship it back in the original box packed INSIDE the shipping box.

Also included with my sale invoice was a PREPAID return shipping label. Couldn't be easier.

Right now mine is on a leash in the kitchen so that it...

A) ...won't go outside and walk itself while I'm sleeping...

B) ...won't drink my last beer in the fridge. God knows there ain't any food in there for it to eat! :roll: :lol:
Desktop: Intel i7 hex-core, 64 GB ram, several SSDs, Focusrite Liquid 56, UAD-2.
Laptop: Alienware Area 51: Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, several more SSDs, UAD Apollo Twin.
Software: Win 10, Cubase, Live+Push2, Maschine, and more.

Twist EQ

Post by Twist EQ » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:07 am

For push 2 owners. Is it possible to properly glide up a scale using the new pads on push 2? I use korg gadget and really enjoy the way you can just play a whole load of notes without taking your finger off the iPad.

My push one won't allow this and I've been hearing good things about the pads. Thanks'!

Jay_NJ

Post by Jay_NJ » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:09 pm

I love seeing people that say 'this is why I held off on buying Push 1'. By that logic, it's probably better to hold off another 10 years, because I really bet Push v10 will be something amazing!!! :D

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Jay_NJ wrote:I love seeing people that say 'this is why I held off on buying Push 1'. By that logic, it's probably better to hold off another 10 years, because I really bet Push v10 will be something amazing!!! :D
I'm not sure I've seen anyone saying "this is why I held off on buying Push 1", perhaps I missed that. Although I've said something more like "Thanks to everyone who worked out the kinks in version 1" which is very different. What that means is "Thanks for driving the project forwards with your input".

Products like this only really take on their true personality after they've been kicked around a bit by the users. Users who speak up and say "It would be great if it did X/Y ... and I wish it didn't do Z " ... and the manufacturers can also see how people use the V1 product in real world situations.
I don't know if you were referring to my post, but from my perspective version 2 of anything always benefits from real world user input. Also the creators get to put in those things that they always wanted to, but there just wasn't time for in version 1.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:10 pm

the original Push was very effective and useful. it just got better

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:04 am

Twist EQ wrote:For push 2 owners. Is it possible to properly glide up a scale using the new pads on push 2? I use korg gadget and really enjoy the way you can just play a whole load of notes without taking your finger off the iPad.

My push one won't allow this and I've been hearing good things about the pads. Thanks'!
yep, this is now possible.