Push 2 screen goes blank when browsing Audio Unit plugins...

Discuss Push with other users.
timothyallan

Re: Push 2 screen goes blank when browsing Audio Unit plugins...

Post by timothyallan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:32 pm

looks like they've fixed it in the next beta release notes...

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:44 pm

timothyallan wrote:looks like they've fixed it in the next beta release notes...

And nope, it's still doing it.

outofgas

Post by outofgas » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:29 pm

The suggestion I'm getting from Ableton support is to look for bad VSTs that could be killing the display because they're crashing.

So there's a really good argument against having too many VSTs, I guess. Especially ones that haven't been updated in 3 years.

If anybody finds a broken VST that's breaking your Push display, please do tell!

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:02 pm

it's definitely not crashing Audio Units causing the problem here.

maara

Post by maara » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:32 pm

It happens me always I try to use push 2 with 9.5 9.5.2 beta 1 or 2... I even don't need to browse for the audio units or whatever... Simply starting the ableton and connecting push and the unit freezes with the balck screen... On osx it works flawless....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Live Suite 9+M4L+APC40+MOTU Ultralite MK3+Maschine MK2+AXIOM 25

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:21 am

Blank screen: It's happened only twice to me, having only used Push for 2 evenings. Display goes totally blank, but the unit functions perfectly fine with all buttons and pads lit and operational. Powering Push off/on fixes it. I cannot reproduce it, it's too rare. I THINK both times it occurred when flipping between CLIP and DEVICE views. Cannot remember any other details/Push's mode at the time.

Both times happened with the release version of 9.5

Windows crashing with Push turned on: I am now successfully using Beta 9.5b2, after previously having the desktop crash (in the beta) whenever I turned Push on. I have found the culprit to be Avast Free antivirus, which diagnoses the push process for a few seconds, then bluescreens the PC. Windows 8.1. I've disabled File shield for now and no more crashing.

Still keeping an eye out for the blank screen, not happening again so far.

I have submitted crash reports etc to Ableton.

torocks

Post by torocks » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:49 pm

all push 2 users need some support/ firmware update quick, as i can these blank screen issues everywhere i look on forums now..

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:17 pm

Since I've switched to Beta 9.5.1b2 and made an exclusion for Push2DisplayProcess.exe in Avast (when this antivirus scanned it as soon as Push was switched on, my PC would bluescreen), I've had no crashes, no blank screen, no errors of any kind in the last 8 hours of solid use. I've screwed around with everything I have in Live - most of the default effects and instruments, Max 4 Live stuff, various plugins (u-he mainly), lots of recording and slicing and stuff.

Windows 8.1

Just a heads up in case someone else has similar problems with a similar setup.

ge0rgeme1kle

Post by ge0rgeme1kle » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 am

I too have experienced the same issue (specifically blank screen with everything else functioning normally until either restarting Live or powering Push off and back on again) on two occasions this evening for the first time in the couple of weeks I've been using my Push 2. For me the blank screen appeared both times when switching from mix to device view. I have cableguys pancake loaded in the track, which is a plugin I haven't used up until this point since getting the unit so I'm going to remove it temporarily and see if it solves the problem. Running windows 10 x64

Saint Thrillah

Post by Saint Thrillah » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:57 pm

I just got Push 2 and so far when I adjust different parameters on a simpler my screen blanks out. The value on the screen wont respond until after the display comes back on. If it does respond it's very slow and usually ends with the screen blanking again. It comes back on after a few seconds

secretkillerofnames

Post by secretkillerofnames » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:01 am

I have a MacMini and a Macbook Air. Both Yosemite and both with the same Audio Units.
Push 2 screen locks and then goes blank scrolling down the Audio Unit column on the Air but not the Mini.
Using a powered USB hub for Mini - tried on the Air and it makes no difference.

Shanesplanet

Post by Shanesplanet » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:31 pm

My push2 started doing the screen failure about the same day i went and bought a 2 yr extended warranty on it. I run it on a custom built, dedicated intel desktop pc with win7 64. ALL libraries and OS on same ssd. I have it slimmed down to ONLY handle my audio programs and NEVER go online. I also run it on a netbook with 7-64. I have a blank screen on the push occassionaly, and recently i saw it reference a display ui crash log. Usually only the push2 crashes and the program keeps running. I also notice the screen doesnt refresh very well, so sometimes i have to leave and come back to the same page, to see the actual data. Luckily i kept my push1 and still find it more usefull and stable. With pxt+ scripting, the push1 still beats the heck outta the new push. I run both push's now, so the crashing of the more expensive push2, isnt so horrid. Ive noticed the push2 screen doesnt do jack squat when i switch out of clip mode. Push1 still operates tho. Someday ill figure how to toggle between modes w/o custom scripting. And GEEZUS!! can we get a way to close the plugin browser from the push2? Nothing worse than when your clips are all hidden on a small screen, underneath the instrument tabs. The aforementioned script can do it. :) Anyhow, im patiently waiting for ableton to fix this, or for that 3rd party guru to fix it. For now, Push1 w/pxt+ is completely killing push2 in stability and use. I only run paid plugins. ezdrummmer2, korg legacy, native ultimate10 and the push suite in all 64bit 8gb ram. running live 9.5 64bit. nothing newer seems to install properly.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:34 am

Hey fellas,
Please don't forget to send reports to support@ableton.com
There's many details on your posts that sure contain useful informations for the developers.
And for those who haven't already, you can also subscribe to the beta program
Thx
J.
Ableton Forum Moderator

4T

Post by 4T » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:24 pm

Was just making a beat and I noticed the screen went blank [switched off?]. I wasn't scrolling plug-ins either. The rest of the unit works as normal. I'm using Windows 7 [32bit]. This is my first session with Push 2 so I can't say if it's going to happen often. I hope not.
Former MPC & Maschine User.

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:45 am

i've been too busy to be Pushing for a while. i just installed Live 9.6 and to my dismay this issue is still happening...