Velocity on Push 2: Bug???

Discuss Push with other users.
starving student

Re: Velocity on Push 2: Bug???

Post by starving student » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:27 pm

unless I'm mistaken and you're talking about something else I believe ableton have already acknowledged the problem, so I'm sure a fix is on the way.

but what's that about 'depending on what sample you put in the drum racks' you mentioned, the drum racks should react to the sample in the same way regardless of what sample you put in it?

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Maybe im wrong, and yes it should be the same no matter what sample you feed the drum rack, it just sounds like some samples dont trigger any dynamic.
I also wonder why Ableton made this new 16 velocity / volume for each sample in drum rack, if it wasent for a velocity problem.

i dont read all threads so sorry if i,d miss out something :)

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

Win 10 64bit 16 gb ram Intel i7 Live 9.7b9

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:55 pm

lovelight wrote:Maybe im wrong, and yes it should be the same no matter what sample you feed the drum rack, it just sounds like some samples dont trigger any dynamic.
I also wonder why Ableton made this new 16 velocity / volume for each sample in drum rack, if it wasent for a velocity problem.

i dont read all threads so sorry if i,d miss out something :)

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

Win 10 64bit 16 gb ram Intel i7 Live 9.7b9
The 16 velocities was a very popular request, that's why it has been implemented.
Ableton Forum Moderator

Langley Bremer

Post by Langley Bremer » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:18 pm

tried the new Firmware myself. very small step. :cry:
Maybe the pads aren´t technically able to react to slight touches?

Johnny Vulcan

Post by Johnny Vulcan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:00 pm

The issue brought up by the OP sounds super frustrating. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself though. I have had some gripes about general playability/velocity control, but no issues with sudden spikes. I really, really, like the 9.7 update - Seems like general playability has been improved significantly. Everything from lightest to hardest touch is registering well...

rikrak

Post by rikrak » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:18 pm

Johnny Vulcan wrote:The issue brought up by the OP sounds super frustrating. I haven't been able to reproduce it myself though. I have had some gripes about general playability/velocity control, but no issues with sudden spikes. I really, really, like the 9.7 update - Seems like general playability has been improved significantly. Everything from lightest to hardest touch is registering well...
Thanks for your post. I was just about to clarify that when I made the OP, my issue wasn't with the general sensitivity of the pads but that putting pressure on a pad could cause a max velocity note on, in certain circumstances.

I haven't had a chance to try 9.7 (I no longer own a Push) but it sounds like the issue is resolved.
Win 7 64bit, Live9.6, M-Audio Delta1010, padKontrol x 2, Elektron OT, MD-UW, MNM
http://soundcloud.com/scatterbattery

Great Bear

Post by Great Bear » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:40 pm

lovelight wrote:Maybe im wrong, and yes it should be the same no matter what sample you feed the drum rack, it just sounds like some samples dont trigger any dynamic.
You've merely observed that some VSTIs have been set up to be more velocity-responsive than others.
That is to be expected, and does not indicate a fault of any kind.

This thread is discussing faulty velocity output from Push 2, which is an entirely different and unrelated issue.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Great Bear wrote:
You've merely observed that some VSTIs have been set up to be more velocity-responsive than others.
That is to be expected, and does not indicate a fault of any kind.

This thread is discussing faulty velocity output from Push 2, which is an entirely different and unrelated issue.

Sorry to derail but does that mean that battery4 has better velocity responsiveness than drum racks even though it's contained within the drum pads?. I noticed that I will manually drop a sample in battery4 do my slicing and it sounds "louder" than when I am manually slicing a loop in drum racks
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

Raypath

Post by Raypath » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Has this been abandoned? I'm still having the same velocity spike issue in Live 10
frankfrontera.com