Velocity on Push 2: Bug???

Discuss Push with other users.
brainturner

Re: Velocity on Push 2: Bug???

Post by brainturner » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:06 pm

This was fixed in 9.7b4 but for some bizarre unwanted treachery the problem returned in the auto 9.7b5 beta update.

Velocity is all over the place again with sharp spikes when softly but persistently playing.

Anyone les notice a backward change?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:08 pm

brainturner wrote:This was fixed in 9.7b4 but for some bizarre unwanted treachery the problem returned in the auto 9.7b5 beta update.

Velocity is all over the place again with sharp spikes when softly but persistently playing.

Anyone les notice a backward change?
Did you report this on Centercode?
Ableton Forum Moderator

brainturner

Post by brainturner » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:23 am

Yep, just reported the fault.

After playing around for a while it seems the velocity/volume settings for the way I play need adjusted to approx 26% and not the 45-70% some Drumracks have.

I have had to just Push 2 Pad vel, gain etc again too to get to the same way as before.

Hope to not have to go through this each time a fix is put up.

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:00 pm

brainturner wrote:Yep, just reported the fault.

After playing around for a while it seems the velocity/volume settings for the way I play need adjusted to approx 26% and not the 45-70% some Drumracks have.

I have had to just Push 2 Pad vel, gain etc again too to get to the same way as before.

Hope to not have to go through this each time a fix is put up.
Good catch. I thought it was just me.
SSL X Desk / Apollo Twin Solo / Sherman Restyler / Ensoniq EPS Classic / Analog Keys / Handsome Audio Zulu

brainturner

Post by brainturner » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:58 am

I'm getting crazy velocity spikes again at my 'normal' playing level. When I decrease the pad sensitivity then I have to play the pads too hard and it is not enjoyable in any shape or form. I've tried many Drumracks in various configurations and have no joy.

This is unacceptable for a year old product to have these problems. A pad instrument that can't be played like a, er, a pad instrument??
Why does stuff just not work? And don't get me started on Akai.

My Novation SL keys are expressive and a lot better than these pads and there is just too much farting about adjusting this, twisting that, checking here, crossing my fingers and just not using the unit as it is so soul destroying.

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:34 am

@Brain
Marco did answer you a few days ago on your Centercode report... Could you please check it?
Thx
Ableton Forum Moderator

bhud45

Post by bhud45 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:37 am

I agree, brainturner. This controller wasn't cheap by any means. Let's take a moment to remember that...it's a controller...that costs A LOT more than most. It should work without me busting my balls to figure out the kinks. Support should have been on this from the jump, without even thinking about it.

I have asked others though, primarily others that I see having no problems whatsoever in their youtube or instagram videos as they play...if they are experiencing this "glitch". When I ask about how they deal with this problem, they ask "what's that?" or "I've never had that problem". I'm getting to the point where I am wondering whether those of us that are continuing to experience this problem, have received defective units and that Ableton is refusing to accept or admit it, due to expenses for replacing the defective units.

I remain in a position where I cannot use this mf live, despite that being one of the main reasons that I bought it.

Bonehead

Post by Bonehead » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:01 pm

I picked up a Push 2 a few weeks back. Been noticing this Velocity bug.

It was definitely better in the last beta. While the pads are quite nice, it's nowhere near the sensitivity of the pads on the Maschine Studio I feel :( Playings trills and stuff is so much easier on the Machine's pads. I've played around with the settings to get it as close as I could.

Langley Bremer

Post by Langley Bremer » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Still? 700€ and I want to facepalm everytime i try to play a line on that thing. Still use it to programm beats, but so overpriced with those pads.

brainturner

Post by brainturner » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:06 pm

Well, the centrecode guys have been back to me and are putting it down to human error and my playing style.

I have played percussion (bongos, congas, snare, etc) for thirty years and I can play the same velocity on a drum in a trance like state for hours and I'm getting told they can't reproduce my velocity problems.

I've given the guys, who have been nice and helpful (maybe not truthful) certain presets that highlight this problem more and I'm waiting for then to get back to me.

Friends and family all have had a go and they can't play a consistent note either on this redundant piece of (not so good) engineering.

The velocity issue was fixed for me in 9.7b4 and for some reason it has came back but I'm told that no firmware was in the beta 9.7b5 so the velocity shouldn't have been affected.

Mulder and Scully figure this one out.

spagbol

Post by spagbol » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:05 pm

From the Ableton website:
Push is an instrument that puts everything you need to make music in one place—at your fingertips.

Making music is hard. To stay in the flow, you need to be able to capture your ideas quickly, and you need technology to stay out of the way.

Further down it says:
It’s a powerful, expressive instrument

With this velocity problem Push 2 is failing to be an instrument at all and is certainly not an expressive instrument with this bug.
I hope you manage to fix it. 8O
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

Langley Bremer

Post by Langley Bremer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:26 pm

go on dreaming :D

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43 pm

Langley Bremer wrote:go on dreaming :D
please elaborate?

Langley Bremer

Post by Langley Bremer » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:39 pm

because they already tried to fix it and it only got slightly better. Point is, right now the Buttons on your 700€ Push2 Controller are absolute not usable for dynamic playing. Ableton tries the Apple Tactics and just doesn´t respond to the Problem. Loads of People are complaining here in the Forum. A few threads below you can read about people sharing their expierience with those Pads and the new Update.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:01 pm

In Live Beta 9.7b9 64 bit, i can record, and play on the pads soft/ low volume and hard/ higher volume tones on the Push 2, but only certain vsti,s. my setup in Push 2 is 5 5 5.
The velocity markers after recording also shows how hard i played on the pads. But i also found out that many Vsti,s has problems with velocity, The sound dident change much or not at all.
I tried a few vsti and played them on a midi keyboard as well, with
velocity keys and many dident response much like subboombass, and other did it quite well like Kontakt,s Alecias Keys, also on Push 2. NI,s Battery is also working as it should. Live,s own drum rack seems ok to, depends of the samples you feed the drum rack.
So hopefully its a software problem :)

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/

Win 10 64 bit