Push monophonic sequencer?

Discuss Push with other users.
feytus

Push monophonic sequencer?

Post by feytus » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:31 am

Hi there! I don't find the polyphonic note sequencer on Push particularly useful. Too few steps visible at any one time. And I mostly sequence monophonically anyway. So! Is there a way in Push 1 to use the entire grid layout as a monophonic step sequencer? Kind of like the drum sequencer works, but for notes.

Any way to achieve this?

[art]

Re: Push monophonic sequencer?

Post by [art] » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am

I don't find it that bad but I agree, they could probably use the coloured pads for at least describing where you are in the octave ranges///

kinda like the way the Elektron Analog RYTM handles chromatic mode... it's easy to see where you are in the loop with the loop buttons up top but chromatically things get a bit lost... just a subtle gradation in hue up the note ranges could help a lot... or something like that...

feytus

Post by feytus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:39 am

[art] wrote:I don't find it that bad but I agree, they could probably use the coloured pads for at least describing where you are in the octave ranges///

kinda like the way the Elektron Analog RYTM handles chromatic mode... it's easy to see where you are in the loop with the loop buttons up top but chromatically things get a bit lost... just a subtle gradation in hue up the note ranges could help a lot... or something like that...
Thanks for your reply!

It's a bummer. Would be sweet if someone hacked it and made that possible. Would make it a much better sequencer for external gear.

[art]

Post by [art] » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:54 am

Actually the touch strip does give you some feedback, little dots tell you at what octave ranges there are notes placed :)

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm

On a related note, I suggested on the beta forum that a sequence step that already contained a note would be colour coded (i.e. thst whole column lf pads); I find it quite cumbersome not bekng able to see whether a step contains a note in a different octave. Wouldn't mind an option to actually hear the sound when entering a note either.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:33 pm

sporkles wrote:On a related note, I suggested on the beta forum that a sequence step that already contained a note would be colour coded (i.e. thst whole column lf pads); I find it quite cumbersome not bekng able to see whether a step contains a note in a different octave. Wouldn't mind an option to actually hear the sound when entering a note either.
Hear hear.

But the bolded bit especially - that would improve its usefulness quite a lot. I'm always wishing for this when using the melodic step sequencer. Toggle-able like the new Browser preview perhaps.