* PUSH 2 US AC Plug Question *

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
lyovino

* PUSH 2 US AC Plug Question *

Post by lyovino » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:39 pm

I have Push 2 plugged into a Furman power conditioner along with all of my other gear and the Furman Off.
This morning I noticed that the Push screen was still lit, power button was still depressed (Half lit illumination) with the Push logo? When the Furman is on the Logo is bright normal lit.
My Furman is off, no power to any of the gear plugged into it. With the Furman off I started Live and Push was ready to go ? I'm using the US plug, (Included) the one with a hole in each prong.
I changed the outlet Push was plugged into on the Furrman and it doesn't make any difference? The Push ON OFF works as expected
Included in the Push box was another plug which is Euro to US, it looks the same but no holes, is this the one we should be using?
If I turn the Push off with it's power button then the scree goes blank. How can it be getting power when the Furman is Off?
I'm no electrician :oops: but thought this may be of importance to all.. I hope this was clear.
iMac, Intel Core i7, 2.8 GHz, 16GB
Yosemite, Live 9.xx Suite (64- bit)
Push, Apogee Ensemble

lyovino

Re: * PUSH 2 US AC Plug Question *

Post by lyovino » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:31 pm

I just noticed that Push is getting half power from the computers USB even if the electric to Push is off, which is why it's half lit. I noticed this when shutting the computer, Push went dead off! I'm guessing this is normal?
Push, Apogee Ensemble

outofgas

Post by outofgas » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:46 am

Yep, it's normal. When it's getting USB power only, the display and LEDs aren't very bright. (But bright enough for me, so I don't mind them.)

They get brighter when you give them full AC power.

As for the prongs, US uses the ones with the holes, so you're okay there, too.

lyovino

Post by lyovino » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:20 am

Thanks for confirming, .. so you can use it with just USB?. I didn't know this, i'll check it out.
Push, Apogee Ensemble