Loop Length

Come here to discuss Push with other users.
For tech support, please head to http://www.ableton.com/help
spagbol

Loop Length

Post by spagbol » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:04 pm

In melodic sequencer, if i want to record a clip that is longer than the 8 bars, how can I increase that length prior to recording in Push 2? I mean i can stipulate the length with the 8 top pads, but what if i want to change that to 16. So, quasi 2 pages so to speak.
IF that makes sense.
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....

ObtuseMoose

Re: Loop Length

Post by ObtuseMoose » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:29 pm

spagbol wrote:In melodic sequencer, if i want to record a clip that is longer than the 8 bars, how can I increase that length prior to recording in Push 2? I mean i can stipulate the length with the 8 top pads, but what if i want to change that to 16. So, quasi 2 pages so to speak.
IF that makes sense.
Press the Clip button. Use the knob to set the desired loop length. Use the page left/right buttons to navigate to the additional "pages".

(Note that the displayed loop length will be accurate only for projects in 4/4 time. This is a known bug.)

Hope that helps. :-)

--
Moose
"all the musical ability of a blocked nostril"

spagbol

Re: Loop Length

Post by spagbol » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Cheers, thats exactly what i was looking for.
...not having a mid-life crisis....just don't give a fuck about shit i don't give a fuck about anymore.....