I just loaded a clip (.alc) from Push 2...

Discuss Push with other users.
tedlogan

I just loaded a clip (.alc) from Push 2...

Post by tedlogan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:00 pm

...but below is how to enable this functionality - and I don't think it was intended by Ableton:

-make a shortcut to your Clips folder in PLACES
-load any instrument/instrument rack/vst from Push 2
-press browse
-with the mouse, turn off "Swapping instrument" in Live's GUI (the blue header now at the top of the browser)
-in Push's browser, you'll now notice all shortcuts in places visible via the User library
-In the clips folder within user library you can now load clips
-they load properly as a new track

As far as I know clip loading is not officially enabled yet for Push 2. Unfortunately, the one step of having to use the mouse to turn off hot-swapping defeats the whole purpose.

Ableton should really implement this properly, as it's already possible. It just needs something like an option within "Add Track" - MIDI track -Clip, and by browsing instruments. I can also browse and see my live sets (.als), but alas, they do not load.
Last edited by tedlogan on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

jestermgee

Re: I just loaded a clip (.alc) from Push 2...

Post by jestermgee » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:32 am

Not sure if it is possible (yet) but I damn hope so soon.

I have loads of channels and clips saved away that I'd love to load especially drum clips for starting ideas.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:59 am

Yeah same. lots of ideas filed away as clips, channels too (as .als). As in the first post here, you can see that it is indeed possible already to load .alc clips, they just need to streamline the process.

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:43 pm

I don't know how I did it but one day I fired up push and was able to browse and load audio clips right into slots from my custom folders. I read in the push faq section you couldn't do this but I did, and tried again to confirm and it worked... but then haven't been able to do this since. Not sure how the heck I enabled it in the first place but there it was.......

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:48 pm

adhmzaiusz wrote:I don't know how I did it but one day I fired up push and was able to browse and load audio clips right into slots from my custom folders. I read in the push faq section you couldn't do this but I did, and tried again to confirm and it worked... but then haven't been able to do this since. Not sure how the heck I enabled it in the first place but there it was.......
You'll find it always works when you are hotswapping (browsing/replacing an instrument) from Push. You then have to turn off hotswapping in Live's actual GUI, which requires the mouse. Now when going back to Push you can navigate to your clips directory and you are able to load any .alc file. It loads as a new track.

I haven't been able to load directly into a specific slot as you describe though.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:16 am

"Hey there,

Thanks for contacting Ableton Support.

At this time, it actually is not possible to load clips into the new Push. What you have honed in on here is technically a bug in which all file types become visible to Push. This will eventually be fixed.

In the latest beta version of Live, it is possible to load samples into audio tracks, but it still is not possible to load clips themselves..."

Maïko

Post by Maïko » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello, none of the .alc are showing on my Push 2. I looked into the videos, manual, google search and couldn't find any answers except these couple posts on the forum. I see your comment "At this time, it actually is not possible to load clips into the new Push.", but that is from 2015. Is it possible to load clip in Push 2 in 2021? Thank you.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:40 pm

No, it’s never been possible, seems It never will

Maïko

Post by Maïko » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm

jestermgee wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:40 pm
No, it’s never been possible, seems It never will
Is it me, or this is super baffling??? So all these .alc are pointless and can go to trash if you working with Push? Which is a big part of Ableton Live, its packs, etc. On Push, you can only use Drums, Sounds and Instruments? No Clips???

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:19 am

There must be some reason to it but no, you cannot load clips, only samples and devices etc. It is disappointing but that's how it is.

Maïko

Post by Maïko » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 am

Very disappointing... You can load them with the mouse in Ableton Live and use them, but you can't browse for them from the Push... You'd think "Shift" + "add" would do it but no... $800 upgrade and your Packs are chopped. Thanks for answering. I appreciate it.